BLAST FROM THE PAST: Black Pepper Bergamot (Fall 2013)


Products: candles and bulbs
Area used in:  bedroom
Time Period: mid February -

Description: Intricate layers of black pepper combine with uplifting bergamot and lavender in a fragrance inspired by fall's changeable days


Ok so E'RYBODY knows how much I looooooooooove Black Pepper Bergamot! It's my all time favorite, my number one, yada yada! Throughout fall, I stocked up on good ol BPB but I never burned them cuz I had more fall appropriate candles to burn. In fact I just recently started burning my first BPB candle a few weeks ago and it just magically transported back in time when my bf and I burned BPB for the very first time. OR-FRIGGIN-GASMIC! Love at first sniff!

I've already written a review about good ol BPB on here; in fact it was one of the candles that I talked about when I first created this blog. With that said, I won't go into much depth about it. In fact, the only reason I'm writing this is to address an issue - the throw.

For some reason, many re-released candles, particularly the White Barn labeled candles are significantly weaker scent-wise and throw-wise than they were in the past...and unfortunately this one is the not the exception. Last year's BPB was a knockout; it was a like Pepe LePew; no matter how much you ran, you just couldn't escape. This year, not so much! It's soooo weak! It's really disappointing! I had the same problem with Cranberry Woods and Fireside...again two very strong, potent candles in the past that have been watered down and weakened dramatically. I dunno what BBW is doing different with the formula or maybe it's a wick issue..I dunno, but I'm not happy!

Luckily, BPB still smells the same....sexy! Yes, it's a "mandle"...yes it smell "cologne-y". In fact I was at a luncheon awhile back and somebody had on a cologne that smelled exactly like BPB but I didn't have the opportunity to ask what cologne he was wearing. The only thing I could think of was maybe Bigelow's Black Pepper cologne.

There are so many words you can use to describe this scent - warm, rich, sensual, sexy, sophisticated, high end, enticing, etc. I can't hype this scent enough - just A-FRIGGIN-MAZEBALLS!!!

Hopefully, FINGERS CROSSED, if it comes back next fall (and I don't see why it wouldn't) that BBW will fix the throw and it return it to its former glory!

http://realtalkaboutbbwcandles.blogspot.com/2013/05/bbw-spotlight-black-pepper-bergamot.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME