CANDLE SPOTLIGHT: White Sand Beaches





Products: candle and wf bulb 
Area used in:  bedroom 
Time Period: end of July - mid August

Description: Escape to your dream beach with an airy mixture of coastal tiare flowers, sun-kissed driftwood and bergamot leaves


So I've ready ranted and raved how sick to damn death I am of all of these Hawaiian/tropical/beachy scents. That said I pretty much ignored this whole collection... except for this scent. I was only intrigued by it cuz it sounded...cologney. Honestly it was a desperation buy cuz I needed cologney yet summery/beachy scent for my bedroom. Betwixt yall and me, the candle is almost done and frankly I won't miss it.

Performance-wise, it was a dream, I never had any burn/wax issues. The flames were always nice and high and the wax always consistently melted into a nice deep amber colored pool. And the throw was pretty decent; I'd describe it as medium-strong. It filled my bedroom with no problem.

Sounds all to the good right? Here's the problem, I don't really like the scent!

First of all, I need to rant for a second...

What is BBW's obsession with "driftwood"? Seriously, it's in everything now! It started off with Ocean Driftwood aka Mahogany Teakwood...come on need I say more?! Then they put it in this scent, then Nantucket Sails, then Sun Tan...when will it end?! I know it's just a marketing ploy to make wood notes sound more summery and beachy and appealing to the womenfolk..but come the f*** on!!! Enough is enough! Attention BBW, driftwood is wet rotting wood chunks..I repeat...WET ROTTING WOOD CHUNKS!!!

Ok now that that is out of my system, on to the review...

So looking at the notes, you would think this would smell very fresh, like last year's Beach Day? Yeah no! When I smelled it in the store before I bought, I thought for sure it was failed test scent from the Coastal Cool collection called Pacific Coast Highway (ocean mists, vetiver woods and pacific breezes) but nope I was wrong. There's nothing fresh or watery/oceany or beachy about this scent at all..just a sweet, almost cloying resinous cheap men's cologne...which I hate describing things as "cologney" cuz that's cheap and lazy but honestly that's the best way I can describe it. I don't really smell any of the notes. I don't get powdery floral notes at all. There's definitely wood but it ain't no damn driftwood! Mahogany maybe? And I get the same ...cologne" bergamot note that you get in all the other bergamot based scents - Black Pepper Bergamot, Villa Bergamot/Bergamot Woods, Flannel, etc. It almost reminds me of last fall's Tailgate aka Mad About Madrid, a very warm, borderline spicy/peppery, sappy/resinous wood heavy scent with cologney bergamot. 

The wf bulb was pretty strong too..though the bulb was a little weird. I would walk by it and occasionally I get a hint of..wait for it...Autumn Night. It's the strangest thing!

This for me was definitely a one time only scent; I'm not gonna miss it when it's gone and I won't get it again if it makes a reappearance in future summers. It's not a bad scent, but it's not a good one either. And the name and notes are very misleading; nothing about this scent makes me thing of white sand beaches! for those of you who missed this and was curious, don't be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles