NEWNESS UPDATE: Online Exclusive Unicorn Candles

Even in the midst of a pandemic crisis, the BBW hype train keeps movin ahead at full speed.

So bright and early Thursday morn, a group of new candles quietly and mysteriously appeared online. As is my habit, the first thing I do when I wake up is grab my phone and mindlessly look at stuff until I'm awake enough to grab a cup of coffee. Now real talk, I hadn't been on BBW website in ages, probably not since February but something told me to give the website a little looksie. Sure enough, amongst the old news crap, I spied one lone seemingly new looking candle I hadn't seen before; I assumed there were more but were all snatched up other early bird lookie-loos. The next morning, I went on the website at around the same time and lo and behold, they were all there.


As you can see, they're all bakery gourmands scents..cuz, b****es luv bakery, amirite?! Given the kind of scents they are as well as their exclusivity, they're definitely unicorn candles in my mind. The packaging is kinda meh; pretty much has a similar look to the All Rose and All Evergreen candles..not quite sure what's up with BBW's obsession with this particular design. And the scents themselves kinda give me Sweet Shop vibes and at first glance, most of the scents seem new...more about that later.

I'm not quite sure what the deal is with these candles? Were they meant to test and/or be released wide but couldn't cuz of the pandemic? Were these planned from the start to be online exclusives like the ones that came out last year? Was this a last ditch effort to drum up some sales as bakery scents are easy sellers? Not sure. It's pretty obvious that whatever the case may be, these were created for hype and hype alone..and it's working as they're selling out at full price!

Now let's talk about the scents. There are 2 returning scents - Key Lime Pie and Blueberry Pie. The rest seem new...emphasis on "seem". Let's go in depth with these badbois, shall we!

So here the "new" ones that I think may possibly be repackages...

Clementine Sherbet - Iced Clementine, Sugared Citrus, Sweet Vanilla (this has to be Orange Creamsicle or Orange Cream Soda)

Banana Nut Muffin - Sweet Banana, Golden Nutmeg, Cinnamon Sugar (without a doubt, Banana Nutmeg Bread Muffin aka Pumpkin Banana Muffin)

Coffee Crumb Cake - Coffee Crumb Cake, Sweet Praline, Whipped Vanilla Frosting (I'm gonna with Honey Cinnamon Crumbcake . That "praline" also makes me think of Pecan Praline Cobbler. Now a traditional Coffee Crumb Cake doesn't have an added coffee flavor but some recipes call for it so I'm not sure if there will be a coffee note in this candle)

Frosted Pumpkin Cookie - Pumpkin Cookie Crust, Buttercream Frosting, Cinnamon Sugar (now at first glance I thought maybe failed test scent Pumpkin Sugar Cookie or maybe the recent Frosted Sugar Cookie however that "buttercream" note is making me think maybe it's Pumpkin Cupcake) (sidenote...wtf is a pumpkin scent during a collection in friggin spring?!)

Blackberry Cobbler - Fresh Blackberries, Brown Sugar, Cobbler Crust (so obvi, this can't be Blueberry Pie as it's already in this collection. Other candidates can be Sugared Blueberry Donut, Blueberry Maple Pancakes or Blueberry Pumpkin Patch. It could also be a remix; maybe a mix of Wild Huckleberry or Blackberry Tea Leaf with a Sweet Cherry Pie/Blueberry Pie crust note)

Coconut Cream Pie - Toasted Coconut, Vanilla Whipped Cream, Homemade Pie Crust (I immediately thought of Coconut Macaroon. It could also be Frosted Coconut Snowball or the random Toasted Coconut Smores or regular ol Toasted Coconut)

Cherry Hand Pie - Juicy Cherries, Brown Sugar, Warm Pastry Crust (if this isn't Sweet Cherry Pie, I'll be highly surprised)

Brownie Batter Swirl - Brownie Batter, Chocolate Chunks, Powdered Sugar (Hot Cocoa & Cream? Chocolate Lava Cake/Hot Fudge Sundae? Chocolate Marshmallow Cloud?


And now for the ones that I think are completely new or possible remixes...

Chocolate Rose Macaron - Creamy Chocolate, Rose Petals, Crispy Macaron Cookie (my guess is this'll basically be a mix of Rosewater Meringue and Hot Cocoa & Cream)

Strawberry Maple Waffles - Fresh Strawberries, Sweet Maple Syrup and Whipped Cream (I'm gonna assume this is gonna Blueberry Maple Pancakes with strawberries instead blueberries. Maybe a mix of BMP with the erstwhile and forgotten Strawberry Rhubarb Marmalade but who are we kidding - the strawberry note is probably gonna be closer to Strawberry Poundcake or Strawberry Cupcake) (I have a feeling that this'll be the fan fav of this collection)


Ok so this collection is ok...not my thing but plenty of others'. Clearly they're gonna continue to sell out cuz well...bakery. Here's my issue. Clearly with stores closed and nothing new in months, BBW is hurting financially so they release a bunch of bakery hype unicorn candles..fine. Here's the thing...  (cue commercial voice)... in these unprecedented times, are you BBW/L Brand totally cool with folks buying these candles full price?! Last time I checked, candles are NOT essential items, one of the reasons your stores are closed. Are you hoping folks spend their stimulus and/or unemployment checks on your candles or are you just assuming that everyone buying these candles full price have jobs? Now maybe if y'all were throwing in a facemask or handsoaps or a few pocketbacs to say "thank you and I appreciate your business even during a pandemic crisis", that would be worth buying your candles full price...but that's not the case. Even sale prices are uneconomical and impractical, crisis or no crisis. I think the least BBW can do is offer lower sale prices or at the very least offer more coupons. I would think you would make even more quarantine/cabin fever/bored AF money.

At any rate, my candle FOMO days have been over for awhile and I've never been that guy who buys candles to review, so these candles can stay where they are as far as I'm concerned. I can't tell you what to do with your hard-earned coins but if these intrigue you that you really gotta buy em, don't fall into the FOMO trap and buy these noseblind; at least wait until there is a sale. So these candles are popping up first thing in the morn, like 6/7:00 am US Eastern Standard time. Not sure how long these will stick around; if they do disappear, they will most likely reappear during summer SAS..if that happens this year.   


Comments

  1. I can't even find these on the site! The only one I see is Blueberry Pie. So they're either all already sold out, or they pulled all but blueberry pie. I've been sorely tempted on a couple of candles they've put out recently (most of all just wanting to restock my Suntan candle now that it's back) but I agree, it's ridiculous that they're still doing full-price on candles. Even the $14.50 candle sale was just downright insulting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see a post from you 🖤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles