BLAST FROM THE PAST: Blueberry Pumpkin Patch


Products: candle
Area used in:  living room
Time Period: August -

Description: Blueberries fresh from the farm are the perfect match for ripe pumpkins in this delicious autumn blend


Missing note: praline

So as y'all know, this was a test scent back fall '12 that didn't go wide. At the time, Youtubers like LittleBalladeer, Tinadivalicious and Touchthefiretwice were hyping this one up so there were a lot of people listening to their reviews and calling to test stores to order (back in the good ol days when you could do that). It became such an underground hit that it (and Sweater Weather that was also testing at the same time and became a hit due to Youtubers) was released wide last year. I went back and forth with this one every time I smelled it in the store. Then I decided that I would be adventurous and just buy it and try it. So I've been holding onto all this time and I finally just recently started burning it every once in awhile to sorta get in the fall mood.

So performance-wise, it burned like a dream. There were no mushroom tops however it still burned perfectly and the wax was always deep and even. And I love the pretty blue wax color, so much better than that bland sperm-white color it was when it was testing. The wax would melt into this gorgeous cobalt/royal blue/indigo color, very pretty! And the throw was surprisingly strong! It didn't take long at all for it to completely fill my living room and the scent lingered for hours after I blew the candle out.

Now let's talk about the scent. I'm not a big fan of pumpkin scents, luckily you don't smell pumpkin in this. With that said, the name is really misleading. The "pumpkin" note comes across more bakery, almost bready/oatmeal-y/bran-y. A better name for this candle would've been (Spiced) Blueberry Muffin or Blueberry Granola/Oatmeal cuz that's really what it smells like. The blueberry is not fresh or juicy but rather very sweet and artificial smelling. It's like the dried blueberry you find in instant oatmeal or in a granola bar. Combined, the blend just comes across as very bakery. And on cold sniff for a second it smells like a kid's cereal - Trix! I keep expectin a a white rabbit in a disguise to come running into my living room. Or it kinda smells like Berry Berry Kix from the 90's (is that still around?) 

Final thoughts, BBPP is aiight! I don't think it's anything extraordinary, certainly not a must have! I'll even go so far as to say that this scent was kinda unnecessary - why blueberries and pumpkin? Apple and pumpkin make more sense...well have that combo now as does Yankee (which smells better...gasp). Or better yet, cranberries and pumpkin..that would make more sense! It's autumnal and Thanksgiving-ish. Anyway, I don't regret buying it but I'm far from blown away and  don't miss that it's not here this year. Oh, for those of you do miss it, try Blackberry Bramble Tea...smells just like it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles