So a very mysterious collection popped up on social media recently; thanks to Lifeinsidethepage, we got a sneak peek of them. People have dubbed them the "cactus candles" as they seem to have a cactus/succulents theme going on. At first glance, it seems to be a watered down version of the ill-fated Desert collection; my guess is this is a feeble attempt to appease the conceptual lovers who were pissed that the collection didn't go wide yet are basic enough to lure in customers with less discerning tastes. The labels look cheap as hell, like CVS/Rite-Aid/Dollar General cheap but at least the names sound intriguing. Now I'm guessing that these have only hit a few locations as almost everyone I've talked to did not see them in their nearest test stores; I haven't even seen these on Ebay or Mercari. And for whatever reason, the few who have seen them are being very tight-lipped about the notes and such. a discreteness you very rarely find in the candle community when it comes to newness/test scents. Anyhoo, enough prattling on; here they are...
- Blue Agave (I'm hoping this is Desert Rain)
- Moonlit Lily (Cactus Lily?)
- Peach Poppy - Soft Peach, Southwestern Poppies, Fresh Mandarin (sounds like Malibu Citrus Glow/Peach Bellini but nope! Word on the street is this may be Wild Poppies aka Poppy Sunshine)
- Succulents and Sandstone - Sagebrush Leaves, Dark Tonka Bean, Desert Ironwood (sounds suspiciously like Black Tie/Sage & Cedar but again, nope! I was given a headsup from a friend that while it is a mandle, it smells closer to Bowties & Bourbon but not a repackage. The Desert collection a scent called Sedona Sandstone, it could be that.)
Returning scents include Cactus Blossom and Wild Sage and Aloe
Also, a very random last minute addition was recently thrown into the Mixed Materials collection...
- Wild Huckleberry - Juicy Huckleberry, Ripe Blackcurrant, Green Leaves (oooookay, no clue what this has to do with "mixed materials" but whatever. The theory is that it may be Blackberry Bramble Tea )
Thanks to a reliable source, I heard that another collection is hitting stores. Much like the hot mess that is the infamous "Time New Roman" candles, it's all over the place - no theme, no cohesion. And speakin of Times New Roman, it's back with a vengeance with these candles
- Sugared Citrus Sorbet - Zesty Mandarin, Icy Lemon Sugar, Juicy Red Raspberry (I'm hoping and praying that it's Slatkin's very popular Lemon Gelato from backintheday but who am I kidding, probably not)
- Vanilla Berry Cone - Sweet Summer Berries, Golden Waffle Cone, Creamy Vanilla (if this is Berry Vanilla Bean from last Christmas, I'll be highly surprised)
Returning scents include Vanilla Beach Flower, Pineapple Palm Grass, Caribbean Escape, Driftwood Surf and Tiki Beach
Lastly, SAS is just around the corner and we are getting a lot of throwback. And as this seems to be an ongoing theme with BBW lately, the returning scents are random as hell. As far as I know, the following scents are just wf bulbs, no word on if there will be candles as well...
- Juniper Breeze (yay!)
- Fresh Cotton
- Pink Lemonade Punch
- Spring (yay!)
- Lemon Mint Leaf
- Kitchen Spice
- Strawberry Vanilla
- Caribbean Escape
- Brazilian Blue Waters
- Fiji White Sands
- Black Teakwood
- Coconut Sandalwood
- Sunset Beach
There will also be summer additions to the WB Core line - Mango Coconut Cooler, Peach Bellini and Island Margarita...yawn! Hopefully we'll see more than that.