HOT MESS AWARD: Pumpkin Sugared Doughnuts


Products: candle
Area used in:  living room
Time Period: none

Description: Fill your home with the fragrance of a freshly baked pumpkin doughnut made with autumn sugar and spice and everything nice



So when I first heard about this one, I didn't quite know what to think. Would it be some kind of reformulation of our beloved Cinnamon Sugared Doughnuts? Or would it be some weird replacement, like last year's Cider Donut? Or could it be a straight up repackage of Cider Donuts? I just didn't know! It didn't help matters that this scent has been an online exclusive so I couldn't sniff it for myself in the store. My curiosity got the best of me and I ordered it during that random one day only $12 3wick flash sale. When it finally arrived, I was on pins and needles..what was PSD gonna smell like?! Then I finally smelled it...BLEEGGGGHHHHH!!!!

So first of all, I'm happy to say that it is not a repackage or reformulation of last year's Cider Donut..thank goodness! It is however a reformulation of Cinnamon Sugared Doughnuts. Think of it as a mix of Cinnamon Sugared Doughnuts and Pumpkin Cupcake. It has the exact same baked cake doughnut base note of Cinnamon Sugared Doughnuts with the cinnamon sugar note toned down a bit. Add to that a slight earthy pumpkin-y note with the pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon/nutmeg/ginger) notes of Pumpkin Cupcake. 

I know what y'all are thinkin.."Gee Bronzeblogger that sounds amazing as heck, what's up with the BLEGGHHHHH?! How could you possibly not like it?!" This is why...

On top of all of this yumminess, I kept smelling something cheesy..like toejam! It was like someone rubbed their finger between their toes and dipped it in sugar and spice. And I know I'm not imagining things cuz when my bf smelled, he said that it smelled cheesy to him too! I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt. I burned it not too long ago hoping I wouldn't get that cheesy feet smell once it was lit. Alas, I did! My apartment smelled like cinnamon and sweaty man feet; I had to open the window cuz it was making me feel nauseated.

 I can only assume that I got a bad batch cuz it seems like I'm the only who smells toejam. Everyone else is like "ohhh this is sooo yummy!" "it's like pumpkin bread!" "It's like Cinnamon Sugared Doughnuts but better! and so on and so forth! Uuuumm, can I have what they're smellin!!!

I really wanted to like this one! It seemed like the perfect autumnal bakery scent. Plus everyone else is in love with it! And when I did burn it, the burn was impeccable and throw was perfection! Even now as I write this review, I keep smelling it hoping to second guess myself and smell what everyone else does. Sadly, I keep getting toejam!

Needless to say, I will bringing this SOB to the store and exchanging it for something I actually like as soon as I can!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles