CANDLE SPOTLIGHT: Cider Donuts




Products: candle
Area used in: living room,

Time Period: mid-September - November

Description: Indulge in the fragrance of a beloved baked treat with a blend of freshly picked apples, cake donut and a hint of cinnamon

So when I heard about this scent, I (like many others) had mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I thought it was a little bizarre that BBW  didn't release the insanely popular Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts from last fall. But on the other hand, I myself was excited that there was another apple-y/cider-y scent in this year's fall lineup. Based on the description, I (and probably many others) assumed that CD would be a mix of Cinnamon Sugar Donuts with a dash of Spiced Cider but alas no, not so much...

Let's get to the real... CD is a repackage of Apple Crumble...period, end of story! I even did a scent comparison between the two to make sure I wasn't trippin and sure enough they smelled almost exactly the same. Once again I had mixed feelings; on the one hand, I love Apple Crumble but on the other hand, I was annoyed that CD wasn't anything new.

Performance-wise, this candle was just ok...very blah.  The flames danced high for a hot second then they got all shy and grew small and stubby. Despite the stubbiness, the wax (so far) has been consistently deep and even. I'd say that the throw is medium-ish, very guest friendly.

Now on to the smell, like I said earlier, it's a repackage of Apple Crumble...or rather a repackage with a twist. There's something different about CD and not particularly in a good way. The apple note in CD isn't nearly as fresh, crisp and juicy as it is in AC. BBW shouldn't have even mentioned freshly picked apples in the notes; it is more of a warm cider smell than a freshly picked apple smell. Like AC, the cinnamon sugar is faint and overpowered by the vanilla. Unlike AC, CD has a more cloying sweetness to it, like a glaze. Littleballadeer said in her review, she said it smells like Apple Crumble mixed with Hot Buttered Rum...and I totally get it. I dunno if that truly is that case, but there's no denying that there is a sticky ooey-gooey almost caramel-y sweetness that AC doesn't have and is what keeps CD from being a dead on dupe.

CD in essence is..cute. It's a cute little scent, cute label, cute color. I only burn this in the morning on the weekends (it's replacing Espresso Bar for the time being). It's not bad that I would want to bring it back and exchange it but it's definitely not a repurch and I certainly won't miss it once it burned down. Honestly folks, don't waste your time and money on this candle, AC is sooooo much better! If you were fortunate to stock up on AC during the Summer Semi Annual Sale or last fall, you're good!

BBW.... real talk...do yourself and we fans a favor and please re-release Cinnamon Sugar Donuts as well Apple Crumble next fall!!! Cider Donuts is not what's up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME