NEWNESS UPDATE: 2013 Winter Holiday Test Scents Part Deux; Fresh Picked

So apparently there's gonna be a Fresh Picked line for winter...

I dunno what I think of this...

I mean it worked for spring/summer and fall...but winter? Isn't that kinda pushin it?!

Scents include...




  • Brown Sugared Apples
  • Sugared Lemons
  • Sweet Clementine
  • Sparkling Berries & Pears
  • Market Herbs
  • Winter Café
  • Mulled Cider
  • Cinnamon Tea



  • Hmmmm...with the exception of Brown Sugared Apples, Mulled Cider and Winter Café, none of these sound very wintery.

    I wonder how many of these are totally new or repackages...

    Brown Sugared Apples - Apple Ale
    Sugared Lemons - Limoncello?
    Sweet Clementine - Sicilian Orange?
    Sparkling Berries & Pears - Bellini Café?
    Market Herbs - Tuscan Herbs or Garden Mint?
    Winter Café - obviously Espresso Bar
    Mulled Cider - Spiced Cider or Spiced Apple Toddy?
    Cinnamon Tea - ....I got nothin! 

    You know what..I think I'm gonna pass on these!

    Check out Lifeinsidethepage for pictures and info
    http://lifeinsidethepage.blogspot.com/2013/09/winter-market-fresh-picked-2013-candle_9.html

    Comments

    1. I think the idea is there, but the execution is a fail. They could have done Fresh Picked Evergreen and Fresh Picked Winterberries, or countless others. But Market Herbs?! I guess I will save judgment until I sniff them...and probably will then buy them all. Ugh.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I definitely agree! They had soooo many options...they couldve used the test scent pine cone or something along the lines of frosted cranberries.They could've brought sugared plum. Winterberries wouldve been an excellent choice. Well at least they arent bringin back lemon mint leaf again. Bbw just never seems to get the fresh picked line just right, there's always something random.

        I'll definitely give em a sniff but I doubt I'll buy any of em. You'll have to tell me what you think of em

        Delete
    2. I'm wondering if Brown Sugared Apples is Apple Crumble all over again? It wouldn't surprise me. But Apple Ale or Spiced Apple Toddy all seem plausible too. Still, repeats? I thought the point of fresh picked was to capture the essence of something without adding to it? Maybe I am ranting a little bit. I think they should've done a winter cranberry thing or something like that. I have to admit I am intrigued a bit by Sparkling Berries & Pears although not if it smells like Bellini Cafe!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hmm, apple crumble is a possibility. I'm leanin more towards apple ale because of the brown sugar note. And I just have a funky feelin sparkling berries and pear is a repackage or clone of bellini cafe.

      Like i said in my response to josh, bbw had so many options and routes they couldve gone. Something frosted cranberry-esque. Have winter berries or berries and creme. Bring back sugared plum or brandied pear.

      I think the problem is if bbw releases fresh fruit scents without anything added, the line will come off as too springy/summery. Cinnamon/nutmeg makes everything more autumny and sugar frosted makes everything more wintery. Honestly I dont see why they needed a fresh picked line for winter; it makes more since in spring/summer and fall, times of growing and harvesting. Besides there are soooo many sweet scents in the holiday lines this year, do we honestly need anymore?

      Whew, that was a long rant; I'm spent lol

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular posts from this blog

    MY LAST POST: End of an Era

    NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles

    CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME