BBW MULTIPLE SPOTLIGHT: Fall Wallflower Bulbs



Ok ladies and gents, let's talk about some bulbs shall we.

There were some scents this fall that I just wasn't a fan of in candle form but I figured I try them in bulb form...and as it turns out, I much prefer the bulbs!

Autumn
Area used in: main and guest bathrooms
Time Period: mid-September - November

Description: A crisp fall fragrance that blends dark pomegranate with red delicious apple and juicy fig, with notes of fir balsam and rich cedarwood.


I really really want to like the Autumn candle, I really do but I'm just not feelin it! It never fails, every single time I smell it in the store, it sets off my sinuses almost immediately. AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT! I still needed a nice fresh scent for my bathroom; I really wanted Sweater Weather bulbs for whatever reason they weren't available at the time of my fall haul. So I decided to bite the bullet and try the Autumn bulbs...and ya know what, I really like it! It's super fresh and crisp and STROOONG! You totally get whiffs of juicy apple and pomegranate and earthy cedarwood; I did not know figs were in the equation, ya learn something new everyday! I opted to go with the decorated bulbs cuz they're pretty and cute.

My only gripe is the oil in this bulb soaks up soooo fast. I recommended the Autumn bulbs to my best friend and she had the same complaint. Otherwise I'm a happy camper.



Blackberry Spice
Area used in: guest bedroom
Time Period: mid-September - November

Description: A blend of sweetness & spice - fresh picked berries, crushed cloves and vanilla cream


I did not like this candle at all! It smells like a knockoff of Leaves, which you'd think would be a good thing and I'd be all over it...no not so much! First of all, Leaves is too much of an amazing scent to be repackaged into anything else. Secondly, the "Leaves" aspect of BS (perfect initials) is super watered down; BS is basically a watered down Leaves with a dash of artificial berries. Not a fan. However, I was intrigued with the bulb. I needed a bulb for the guest room as the bf and I have guests (his parents) staying with us; something autumn-y as well as cozy and guest-friendly. Because I really like the notes of BS, I thought I'd give the bulb a try and I'm glad I did cuz it's sooo nice.

The bulb is 10 times better than the candle; it's so dark and rich and creamy - legit berries and cream. The blackberry note is ripe and juicy and mixes so well with the crushed clove note (I also smell just a hint of cardamom). The vanilla cream note is way more potent in the bulb than the candle. Normally I'm not a fan of vanilla notes but it works really well in this blend.  


Pumpkin Apple
Area used in: main bathroom
Time Period: November - December

Description: A fall blend of crisp apples and ripe pumpkins


Once again, sooo not fan of this scent in candle form; to me it just smelled too waxy, like apple cinnamon scented crayons. However I figured that the third time would be a charm and this bulb would be better than the candle...and I was right! I figured this scent would be perfect as it's not too pumpkin-y (as my bf and I both don't care for pumpkin-y scents) but pumpkin-y enough for Thanksgiving time and also has the apple cinnamon-y note that we both enjoy.

It's nice; you do get a more legit earthy pumpkin pulp note but it's overpowered by the apple cinnamon note...thank god!


Pumpkin Carving
Area used in: main bathroom
Time Period: November - December


Description: A fall blend of pumpkin, brown sugar and nutmeg

Despite not liking pumpkin scents, I did actually really like this candle. However I really couldn't see my bf or I really burning this candle a whole lot. Normally for November/Thanksgiving time, we like to have a pumpkin scent in the bathrooms; usually it's Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin which neither one of us really likes. With that said, we were looking for an alternative. The only candidate that I could think of was Pumpkin Carving.

I personally think PC is waaaaaay better than SCP; SCP is too spicy and it smells like burnt pumpkin pie. PC on the other hand smells like legit pumpkin or rather pumpkin pulp. The brown sugar and nutmeg is so pleasant; the brown sugar note makes PC rich and dark and sweet without being cloying or ooey-gooey and the nutmeg gives it a little kick. I do hope BBW continues to release PC as a staple fall scent. Who knows, I may even get the candle next time!


 
* sidenote : I have leftover Leaves and Cranberry Woods bulbs as well as one lone Spice Cider from last year that I'm using this fall as well as a Boathouse Row bulb that have in the bedroom now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME