MULTIPLE SPOTLIGHT: Fall Deep Cleansing Soaps


I'm gonna take a departure from rantin about candles and talk about something I don't really talk much about - soaps. I've only recently..well at least for the past year, gotta interested in BBW soaps. I typically go with the deep cleansing soap rather than the foaming soap; I think the deep cleansing soaps are gentler on your hands and to me, they have a stronger scent. Much like I do with candles, I like my soaps to match the season. Moreover I like my soaps to correspond with whatever candle/bulb I have in the room. 

This fall I was particularly intrigued with the Made in America theme. I think the American theme was cute and it just seemed to have more interesting and less typical autumn-y scents than the others. With that said, here are the soaps I chose.


Montana Mountain Air
Area used in: main bathroom
Time Period: mid September - mid October

Description: Fresh Montana pine berries and crisp spearmint leaves warmed by frosted cedar


I really really like this one. It's super fresh, clean and cooling. So clean in fact, that it kinda smells like laundry detergent. The pine berries note mix well with the spearmint; it kinda reminds a little of Sweater Weather. I wouldn't mind this scent as a candle actually.


Aspen Autumn Day
Area used in: main bathroom
Time Period: mid October - December

Description: An autumn blend of juicy apples and fresh cut birch in crisp Aspen air


This is totally Autumn in soap form. Basically all the notes that you smell in Autumn candle/bulb, you smell in this. If you like Autumn, you'll like Autumn Day. Nothing really more to say about it.


Heartland Harvest Marmalade
Area used in: kitchen
Time Period: October - December

Description: Delicious orange jam sprinkled with fresh ginger from America's heartland


This isn't so much jam as it is straight up candy. To me, it's smells like orange Starburst. I really do wish this was more of a marmalade scent with some citrusy zest and ginger but alas it is not. Kinda disappointing.


New England Autumn Bouquet
Area used in: guest bathroom
Time Period: October - December

Description: New England mums and spiced apple leaves blended with cloves


This one is probably my least favorite. To me, this smells like a perfume my grandma would wear; in fact she does have a perfume that smells exactly like this but I can't think of the name of it. It's very floral; the chrysanthemum note is super strong with a very slight apple-y note trailing behind it. Not getting much spice. I wish this was heavier on the spiced apple leaves and clove notes than the mums.


*BONUS*
Warm Apple Cider
Area used in: kitchen
Time Period: September

This was leftover soap from last year that I found in my fall/winter BBW stash box. This is sooooo good - it legitimately smells like warm apple cider. So yummy!!!

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME