RANDOM POST AND UPDATES: I'M BACK!!!!

Well, my hiatus is officially over!  I just couldn't stay away!

And I love that people have still been checkin out the blog and reading old OLD posts from when I first started this biotch. I really thought that was sweet and awesome...it's swawesome! Now that I'm back, get ready for some new posts!

Well let's start from the beginning....

First off, there was the so called Tropical Storm Karen which was just a joke. A lot of media hype all for naught.  It weakened to the intensity of a fart. No rain, no wind, no nothing!

Then there was my bf's birthday. I surprised  him with a dinner I cooked myself; roasted chicken marinated in white wine and stuffed with fruits, seared scallops with bacon and a red velvet birthday cake and his favorite red wine. I also bought him the newest edition of Harry Potter - he's kinduva Harry Potter nerd.

Then his parents came from Scotland to visit us; they stayed with us for about a week and a half. We literally took them alllll over the city; I don't think either of us has ever eaten, drank or walked as much as we did recently. Needless to say, we're both tired as hell!

One of the places we went to was the mall and what store did we wind up goin to?! You guessed it, good ol Bath and Body Works!!! It was their first time in that store ever! My bf's mom bought some mini winter candles (Tis the Season, Marshmallow Fireside and I think Winter) as well as a surprise gift for me for Christmas - so sweet!

That nicely segues me to some more BBW related topics...

I've been to two different BBW stores lately and got to sniff some of new winter candles. I will post my opinions in a new segment I like to call "BBW STORE WALK 'N' SNIFF" so be on lookout for that soon

Lots of newness poppin up online. There's the newly designed core fragrance candles... Twilight Wood, Moonlight Path, Paris Amour, Warm Vanilla Sugar, Japanese Cherry Blossom. I heard a rumour that a new Dark Kiss has been making special appearances in some stores; I wonder if it will make an appearance online at some point. One of my best friends LOVES Dark Kiss and will go apeshit if the candle is available. Anyhoo, the new labels are pretty but I can't say that I'm really excited about these candles. Speakin of new design, the new revamped winter themed Eucalyptus Spearmint candle as well as the rest of the aromatherapy line is available online. Neither store that I went to had these so I assume they'll be in stores closer to wintertime. Totally unrelated, according to the description online, there's basil in the notes...I had no clue! Moving right along, I noticed that the bakery candles from the Semi Annual Sale are available online, including my baby, Apple Crumble! So for those of you that are fed up with Cider Donuts and didn't stock up during SAS, here's your chance to stock up on AC or any of the other ones.

Lots of fun sales goin on lately. I didn't succumb to the 2 for 22 sale like I normally would; I figured I'd wait till November to start stockin up for winter. I was however seduced by the wallflower bulbs for $3 sale awhile back. I looked online, saw a couple of winter bulbs that I wanted and put them in  my shopping cart. I went back and forth whether to buy them or not. One day there was a free shipping for $25 offer and my purchase came to $27. For some reason I put it off. I looked online the next day...no more free shipping! I was like "ain't this a bitch?!!!" I was sooooooo mad! The next day I just so happened to get an email about $1 shipping for $25 purchase offer. I said "eff it!" and made my purchase posthaste! Lesson of the day...don't sit around and think cuz opportunities will sho'nuff pass you by!

With that said, I'm all set for the winter wallflower bulb-wise. And my bf got some cute white snowflake wallflowers.

Well my Leaves candle as well as my Tailgate candle are dead and gone.
*cues Chopin's Funeral March 

Just in time as the temperature has finally cooled down and it feels like fall..well by Louisianian standards. And Halloween (btw my costume should be arriving via UPS sometime this week) and Thanksgiving are just around the corner. I've already put out my second phase of fall scents, so reviews should comin up soon!

Lastly, no more Facebook page. After getting annoyed that only 9 people liked it, I felt like I was wasting my time so I deleted it and created an actual Facebook account where I can add people myself and be more social. If you wanna add me as a friend, go right on ahead

 https://www.facebook.com/donovan.thebronzeblogger

I do believe that's about it! I must say, it's good to be back!

Comments

  1. Happy birthday to your bf!

    LOL @ the tropical storm comment, "A lot of media hype all for naught. It weakened to the intensity of a fart." HAAHAHAH!

    We're friends on FB! HAAAY! :)

    Gotta love cooler weather and fall candles, though San Diego doesn't get much cooler than 50ish degrees in the day. Looking forward to more updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you!

      I'm glad were Facebook buddies! :D

      Delete
    2. Im definitely tryin to enjoy the rest of fall and fall scents before winter and all it scents take over.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME