NEWNESS UPDATE: Post "SAS" Online Surprises: Summer/Fall Transitional

*I meant to post this Friday/July 3 but wasn't feeling well*


On Thursday morn, quite a surprises popped up online...




Real talk, I haven't had much of anything to say lately and was fully prepared to abandon this blog and completely disappear until I saw these which I believed warranted coming out of retirement and talking about them.

So as I said before, they appeared online first thing Thursday morning with little to no fanfare...I assume. Despite no longer being active on IG, I do occasionally peep my head in to see what's going with BBW in the candleverse. Point is, I haven't seen anyone mention most of these. As none of these are currently online sale, I don't believe they are part of summer "SAS" (if you want to call it that); I've heard whispers that "SAS" might continue on a little bit longer but I assume these will go on sale some time it's over.

Alright, without further ado, let's get into these candles!

So the first group is what appears to be a summer theme collection. I think the half transparent half opaque sandstone-y look is quite pretty. Too bad the scents are lame...

Pineapple Mango, Berry Waffle Cone and Endless Weekend....lame

There is one new scent...

Tropical Island Bliss - Fresh Pineapple, Toasted Coconut Shavings, Mango Puree (Mango Coconut Cooler?)


This next collection is exciting and intriguing AF. I have been saying for YEARS that there should be an all lavender collection. As you can see they have the same look and design as the All Rose and All Pine collections. There is only one returning scent - French Lavender. The other seem new; they are...

White Lavender Eucalyptus  - Crisp Eucalyptus, Sweet Spearmint Leaves, Soft Lavender (this could White Eucalyptus & Sage or a version of it with lavender. This could also be the now forgotten Lavender Market. Though mostly likely this going to be a completely new blend)

Fresh Lavender & Honey - Lavender Sprigs, Fresh Honey Comb, Honeysuckle Blossoms (I wonder how closely this will smell to the bodycare)

Lemon Lavender Shortbread - Sugared Shortbread, Zested Lemons, Fresh Lavender Sprinkles (despite not being a bakery fan, this intrigues me a lot! And I personally love actual bakery items with a hint of lavender to them. To my knowledge, there hasn't been a candle that sounds like this so I'm guessing it's new. That said, I theorize that this will probably have a base similar
to Tea & Biscuits with Lavender Marshmallow/Lavende Macaron-esque lavender note.)

Blueberry Lavender Lemonade - Fresh Squeezed Lemonade, Lavender Petals, Juicy Blueberries (I heard whispers of this and the aforementioned Lemon Lavender Shortbread coming out some time this year but had no clue when or in what collection; now I know. Again, this doesn't sound like anything from years past although there was a failed test scent from years ago that this may be similar to - Fleur de Provence .There could also be hints of Sugarberry Spritzer in the mix as well.

Seaside Lavender - Fresh Sea Air, Beach Lavender, White Driftwood (if this isn't Linen & Lavender, I'll be highly surprised. It could also be Seaside Mist)

As excited as I am about the prospect of having an all lavender collection, it's a bit annoying the collection as a whole is an online exclusive. I absolutely REFUSE to buy any candle of theirs full price and I doubt they will be on sale anytime soon. And BBW will most likely continue their current trend of not offering coupons so as intrigued as I am, these candles can stay right where they are.

And now, transitioning to my favorite time of the year - fall. BBW has always had a habit of pushing fall way too early and this year is no exception.  Apparently, the few WB stores that are actually open (must be nice) had a fall preview recently. At present, there are two fall collections out now.

The first is a bakery collection..because of course; it just aint fall without a bakery collection. And I gotta admit, I'm really diggin the vintage looking farmers' market-esque labels.  At the moment it is only returning scents, the typical fall fan favorites along with recent additions - Shit Cinnamon Pumpkin, Pumpkin Pecan Waffles. Pumpkin Apple, Blueberry Maple Pancakes, Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow, Caramel Pumpkin Swirl, Pumpkin Peanut Brittle, Banana Walnut Muffin (Banana Nutmeg Muffin?), and Pumpkin Donut Shop. If there is anything new in this collection, they will probably pop up later this summer.

And finally, we're getting a crapton of fall additions to the WB Core Collection, again standard fall staples - Sweater Weather, Pumpkin Pecan Waffles, Leaves, Pumpkin Apple, Marshmallow Fireside, Vanilla Sage, Frozen Lake, Salted Butterscotch, Sparkling Pear Riesling, and Flannel.

There are 2 new scents

Pumpkin Vanilla Creme - Creamy Pumpkin, Vanilla Crème, Fresh Ground Nutmeg, Graham Cracker Crust (I'm assuming this is Pumpkin Vanilla )

Raspberry Mimosa - Sweet Raspberries, Rosé Sorbet, a Splash of Champagne (...I got nuthin. Kinduva an odd choice for a fall candle; this sounds more of a wintery New Years or Valentine's Day kind of scent)

*sigh
I'm not gonna lie...even though I'm kinda drifting away from BBW/WB, a part feels a little nostalgic tingle of excitement when I see newness online. That said, it's hard getting too excited given the circumstances of this seemingly neverending pandemic. All of the stores in my area and in NYC are still closed and will most likely be closed for awhile. Even if they were open, I'm not sure I'm comfortable getting on the train/subway and walking/sniffing around while COVID19 still floating around. Even if proper pandemic procedures and protocols were taking place and everyone is wearing masks and washing hands, I would still be anxious and uncomfortable.  Call me overly-cautious or even paranoid, but it just doesn't seem worth it. Besides, there are tons of other places I'd rather go than sniff candles at BBW. And at present, BBW is doing nothing to entice me to buy online - the sale prices are mediocre at best, there's no coupons to make the bite of buying alone along with S/H and sales tax less painful and things stay out of stock for the longest time. As intrigued as I am with the Lavender Collection and my favorite season of candle shopping quickly approaching, as long as this pandemic continues, I don't see myself buying anything anytime soon...which to be honest, is making giving up Bronzeblogger and BBW in general easier and easier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles