THAT'S SO TEST SCENT: Fleur de Provence ~ Lavender Verbena Bouquet






Product: candle
Area used in:  main bathroom
Time Period: March -

Description: A very French blend of lavender buds, verbena and vanilla that conjures up a walk through a field of flowers. Escape to the South of France!


When I first heard that BBW was releasing a new lavender candle, I almost crapped my pants I was so excited! And then when I heard that this new lavender scent was blended with verbena, my other top favorite scent, I fainted cuz it was just too much for me to handle. Lavender and verbena - it was too good to be true. So I waited and waited with bated breath to see if it would go wide. And of course it didn't...which was bullshit cuz this was sooooo much better than the new Destination candles that went wide , i.e. Sydney Harbor and especially Tokyo Petals. How disappointed was I?! I HAD TO HAVE THIS CANDLE! So I decided to do a Customer Relations phone order..and Mon Dieu, they had it! And it finally arrived, it was love at first sniff! Ah, l'amour toujours!

I haven't burning this candle with reckless abandon  as I would like cuz it's so test scent-y and who knows when or if I'd be able to get another but the few times I have burned it, I loved every minute of it. Performance-wise, this one of the best candles I've had so far. The flames have been dancing sooooo high, practically doing a Can-can! Sometimes the flames have been a little too high that it kinda freaked me out - folks have had candles turning into mini bonfires or getting so hot that the glass have been exploding. Knock on wood, that hasn't happened to me with this or any other candle for that matter. Anyhoo, the wax pool has been for the most part deep and even. Occasionally, the wax would canyon but eventually the wax would all even out. And the throw has been spectacular, not too strong but not too weak but just right. As much as I love verbena and especially lavender, they are both super potent scents  and I don't think I could've withstood the throw if it were any stronger than what it already was.

And the smell...MON DIEU...I love this scent a lot! The lavender note in this is perfection - herbal and astringent the way lavender should be. And it blends perfectly with the verbena note ; it adds this almost lemon-y like zest that goes sooo well with the lavender (lavender and lemon or lemon-like notes are a perfect match). The description says that there is vanilla in this...thank god I don't smell that; I don't know why BBW likes to put vanilla in everything! There's something in this blend that I just can't put my finger on and I think Touchthefiretwice said this in his review  ..my nose picks up a lime-like note in the background, like a lime slice covered in sugar. Then again, that could be just the way the verbena note mixes with the vanilla. Who knows, still I'm not complain'. Now I 'm just gonna throw this out there...when I first sniff this, I thought it kinda smelled like Fruity Pebbles , specifically the yellow/green ones. Same thing with the most recent lemon-y scents, i.e. Lemon Cucumber and Lemon Verbena. Again, not that I'm complainin cuz I love em some Fruity Pebbles.

I personally think this one of the best lavender blends that BBW has produced in awhile. This could (and should) easily replace Paris Daydream. It's very spa-like and aromatherapy-ish - it's perfect to burn while relaxing in a bubble bath. If you're a lavender lover like me, then you've gotta give this one a try. If you see it on Evil-bay (and it's reasonably priced) or it pops up in a outlet or during SAS, get it! You won't regret it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles