So the first collection that is testing is the "Coast to Coast" collection; it basically has a..well..coastal, beachy, chillin in your beachhouse/timeshare, watching the tide and listening to the waves type of vibe. The candles has Coastal Cool/Southwest frosted glass with various blue and teal and tan colors to match the beach/coast/aquatic theme with beach inspired stock image labels; the overall look is impressive. The scents on the other hand, not so much. New scents include...
- Seaside Mist - Fresh Mandarin, Bright Seaspray, Coastal Lavender (this sounds suspiciously like Black Pepper Bergamot, I'm hoping it isn't even though I do love that scent)
- Coastal Jasmine - Soft Jasmine Blooms, Lush Dewdrops, Sheer Musk (My money is on this being White Jasmine currently in the French collection...which will probably replace White Gardenia as the new white floral scent we'll see in every collection
- Beach Sage & Mint - Vibrant Mint Sprigs, Coastal Sage, Crisp Bergamot (this could be new...but probably not. The only thing I could think of is maybe Sand & Sea, a WB exclusive in the Ciao Italy collection. It could also be Pacific Coast Highway aka Winter Sun. However, with BBW's current trend of mixing in seasonal scents where they don't belong, I wouldn't all be surprised if this is Winter Mint & Spruce)
- White Driftwood - Sea-Soaked Cedarwood, Beachside Neroli, Refreshing Bergamot (At first I thought maybe Orange Blossom Driftwood/Coastal Oak & Seasalt but I heard that it's actually Wild Cedarwood in the testing animal skin collection)
Returning scents include Mango Shores, Midnight Blue Citrus, Turquoise Waters and Salted Vanilla
And the secondly collection...oh boy
It's just all over the friggin place
The theme is all kinds of higgledy-piggledy, summer activities all thrown into one collection - hangin out the beach, chillin on a boat, strollin down the boardwalk, camping in the woods...again, all over the place!
And the look...this collection is by far the worst looking collection I have ever seen. Basic and cheap would be putting it mildly and would also be too kind of a description. The labels literally look like someone in marketing department told their unpaid intern to whip up something quick who took stock images off Google and made labels via the most basic version of Photoshop. And 3 words - TIMES NEW ROMAN. Unless you're writing a high school/college essay (or a blogpost lol), no one uses Times New Roman! And no self-respecting designer with education and experience would use that font on a label they're designing. All of this would be easy to overlook if the scents were knock you out rock your world blow your mind amazing and nosegasmic...yeah no, not even! The scent choices are again all over the place with the most corniest lamest taglines and names. New scents are...
- SURF'S UP ~ Coconut Waves (Ride the waves and go with the flow) Sea-salted Citrus, Lush Coconut, Sunlit Waves (I heard thru the grapevine that this is new)
- OCEAN THERAPY ~ Ocean Mist & Citrus (Live in the sunshine, Swim in the sea) - White-capped Waves, Bright Pomelo Zest, Sun-bleached Woods (this is note for note for Waterfall Oasis in the animal skin collection)
- BEACH GLOW ~ Salted Oak Bonfire (I'm ready for soft summer nights and beach bonfires) - Wave-washed Oak, Glowing Embers, Sea Spray (sadly this isn't Summer Bonfire)
- SWEET SUNSET ~ Orange Creamsicle (Treat yourself to the sweetness of summer ) - Bright Tangerine, Sunny Yellow Zest, Iced Vanilla (very similar to Sunny Coconut but not a direct repackage)
Returning scents include
- COOL OFF ~ Watermelon Lemonade "The sun and the sand and a drink in my hand (of course this crap was gonna be in this collection)
- SHADE OF SUMMER ~ Suntan "All I need is sun and a little bit of paradise"
- SUMMER BOARDWALK ~ Salted Caramel Popcorn "Buy the ticket, take the ride"
- SAIL AWAY ~ Oceanside "Something beautiful is on the horizon"
And now the final scent in this collection, it's odd and wtf-y and it won't make sense to you at all
- GREAT OUTDOORS ~ Fresh Balsam "Adventure awaits, Let's go camping!"
Yes you read that right...FRESH BALSAM! It's now a summer scent!