NEWNESS UPDATE: Ribbed (for your Pleasure) Winter Candles

So as you may or may not know, there is a new collection of winter scents coming to stores soon and it looks like it contains a substantial amount of newness. They're lidless (ugh) and come in colored "ribbed for you pleasure) tumblers

Juniper berry & Pine - Fresh Juniper, Holiday Cranberry, Snowcapped Pine, Peppermint (So I've racked my brain on what this could be a repackage of...I got nuthin. This actually appears to be a completely new scent...faints. According to Tinadivalicious's review , he said this (well the wallflower refill) is as close to the beloved Winter Garland as we're ever gonna get. He also the candle and wf bulb smell slightly different)

Smoked Vanilla - Smoked Tahitian Vanilla, Sandalwood, Leather, Southern Bourbon (so this is NOT Ski Lodge/Cozy Cabin or Bowties & Bourbon . By all accounts, this smells like straightup.
 smoke...which makes me think it might be a repackage of a failed test scent from summer 2013 called Campfire Cookout, which smelled like staightup smoke. Or, just lookin at the notes..it could also be Ski Den aka Havana Heat)

Roasted Chestnut & Cherries - Salted Chestnut, Cherry Bourbon, Roasted Pistachio, Sweet Cream (so this scent has been throwing people for a loop as everyone has described it slightly different. So this could be Toasted Pistachio Delight from 2011 which had notes of pistachios, almonds and cream. It could also be this fall's weird cherry/amaretto version of Pumpkin Pecan Waffles. Some people has said that the salted chestnut notes comes off as more like popcorn which made me think of 2012's Toffee Glazed Popcorn which had a strange creamy almond/amaretto vibe to it)

Frosty Air - Frosty Winter Air, Crisp White Cotton, Eucalyptus, Icy Vanilla (so this is a weird one...so recently BBW created a new "Eucalyptus Mint &..." scent called Eucalyptus & Cotton..the wf bulb just appeared online today. Essentially it's Eucalyptus Mint mixed with Fresh Cotton/Pure White Cotton. And for whatever reason, BBW decided to repackage this as Frosty Air...dafuq?!) 

Returning scents include Mahogany Stakwood *eyeroll and Iced Vanilla Woods aka Peace... yay

Just a headsup, these are being sold for 26.50..which annoys the hell outta me. The candles are lidless, which means the more they stand out, the more the fragrance oils are evaporating and making the throw slightly weaker over time...it's 13 oz of wax, which means the burn time is gonna be even less than usual...and the scents aren't all that exciting...but that glasses are ribbed for your pleasure and that in itself more than makes up for it (sarcasm)

Hopefully for anyone who is interested, these will be placed on sale

Some stores have been getting this candles early but for the for most part, they're gonna be released at the next floorset the week of Halloween

Comments

  1. I'm super curious to sniff these but refuse to pay more than 2/24 for them. I'm most curious about chestnut and cherries cuz like you, opinions are all over the place! Looking forward to your sniff and review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very leery. I suppose theyre worth sniffing to get a good substantial review but I dont see myself buying any of them

      Delete
  2. I usually boycott "fancy" (aka ugly and lidless) collections, but I really want IVW and I'm really intrigued by RCC so I hope these wind up on sale soon. Do you know if the regular lids fit the ribbed for your displeasure jars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I dunno. To be honest, I have never owned a ribbed candle. I would imagine they would fit.

      As much as I love IVW, I wont be any of these. Less wax, no lid...screw that!

      Delete
  3. So I was checking out the BBW site today and noticed new Mahogany Stankwood "High Intensity" and I immediately thought you would have some words about that ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The High Intensity MT has been around for quite some time now and it makes me eyeroll every time I see it in the store.

      First there does not need to be any version of MT, high intensity or otherwise

      Also, ALL of BBWs candlea should friggin high intensity!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME