WALK 'N' SNIFF (TEST STORE EDITION): Garden Party & Summer Sips

So ladies and gentlemen...I've been to Promised Land!!!!

*deep breath

Yesterday I went to the test store in Garden State Plaza in Paramus!!!

* girly scream * does flips, somersaults and toe touches

It was AMAZING!!! When I stepped in, I swear I heard an angelic choir and there heavenly lights. It was like I found the Holy Grail or the Ark of the Covenant!

The store had friggin' EVERYTHING!!!!

It had all of the Destination candles, except Magnificent Milan and Café Italia

It had the 4 new random floral Fresh Picked - Majestic Rose (old ancient dusty old lady perfume), Lily of the Valley (Lilac Blossom 2.0), Golden Sunflower (Villa Bergamot mixed with Sage&Cedar) and Farmstand Freesia (NOT Garden Freesia, just straight up freesia)

It had the one Aloha Hawaiian candle that didn't go wide, White Orchid Lei which I thought I would like cuz there's melon in the blend but it smells strange, like Tropical Starburst with a hint of random floral.

It even had some Sweet Shoppe candles, no Lavender Marshmallow unfortunately but for some reason there was a surplus of Honeycrumb Cake (which to smelled like graham crackers) and Pink Lemonade Cake (ugh, did not like that all, like Summertime Soda and Frosted Cupcake's bastard child) as well as one lone Lemon Drop

Oh, and the store also had the Coastal Cool candles which, *sigh I just wasn't a big fan of. Truth be told I didn't even bother sniffin all of them cuz a)the ones I did sniff were soooo light and b) I hated fidgetin around with those friggin awkward flimsy paper plastic lids. Of the ones I sniffed, I did like Pacific Ocean Highway which smelled very similar to Oakmoss & Vetiver.

But let's get to the heart of the matter...Garden Party and especially Summer Sips

So I'm not gonna waste your time or mine talkin about the rereleases, Spring, Lilac Blossom, Honeysuckle and especially Watermelon Lemonade but rather the new stuff...

Garden Party
Omg..OMG..this is one of the best floral scents BBW has come out with in a long time. As you know, I'm not a big fan of the springtime floral scents, but I'm in love with this one. Garden Party is like Flower Shop's little precocious Shirley Temple lookin sister in a frilly dress and ribbons. You totally get hint of roses (think tea roses) as well as fresh pear blossom. It's so friggin nice, I really hope this becomes a springtime staple from now on, it's that good.

Bloom
This is definitely First Bloom from last year and the year before without a doubt. Compared to other floral scents, this one is more subdued. It's a nice pink floral scent but its also very fresh and almost watery, makes me think of water lilies. Personally, I think Bloom/First Bloom smells like the pink Dove bar soap, but that's just me

Sundress
Hmmm..I dunno what to think of this. First of all with the name "Sundress" you would think it would smell light, floral and feminine, like Party Dress in the winter. Yeah, not so much. It's kinda cologney; actually it smells like a mix of Villa Bergamot and Paris Daydream. And it's soooooo light to the point of bein nonexistent; I had to whiff hard I almost sucked the wicks out. This, to me, was a fail.

Sugarberry Spritzer
From what I've heard this isn't goin wide...Goood cuz it shouldn't, it ain't all that! I'm not goin into details about it cuz I already wrote a review about it

Pink Petal Tea Cake
From what I heard, this is gonna be the Mother's Day candle..better than the Tokyo Petals rumor. People are gonna be either intrigued or turned off by the "pink petal" aspect but honestly I don't get much rose action. I do on other hand get strawberries, like a strawberry shortcake.

And now the part that you've been a-waitin for, Summer Sips biiitcccchhhessss!!!

Pomegranate Spritzer
omg...OMG...This is sooooo good. First off, let's not beat around the bush...this has got to be Pomegranate Lemonade from back in the day without a doubt. It kinda reminds of  Pink Sangria which smelled very similar to Pomegranate Lemonade. Now to me, this doesn't smell so much like a "spritzer" (although there is some effervescence) so much as it smells like sorbet, so yummy!

Peach Cilantro Twist
Again, let's not beat around the bush...this is Mango Cilantro without a doubt! It's soooo good! To say this is called "Peach Cilantro Twist" there's not much "peach" action...I mean it's there but it's totally overpowered by the mango note. And there is definitely cilantro, like fresh muddled cilantro...which kinda makes it smelled a little soapy as it often does..but don't let that deter you. This is sooo fresh, juicy and summery. I predict that this is going to be THE fan favorite and will fly off the shelves.

Nectarine Green Tea
Now a lot of people are turned off by this bad boy strictly because of the "green tea" note...to which I say *SLAP* SNAP OUT OF IT!!! It's not that friggin bad! Now if you're expectin this to smell like bitter, acrid matcha green tea, you're either gonna be disappointed or relieved. It's more like sweet artificial green tea, like green tea ice cream. The nectarine note is really nice juicy and refreshing. And there's something else chillin in the background; it could be my nose trippin but I swear I smell pear/pear blossom. The candle as a whole is very different and unique which is why I love it!

Clementine Crush
Yep you guessed it...it's Sweet Clementine from Winter Market Fresh Picked. It's super sweet, like marmalade. I didn't like it in the winter and I don't like it now

Mango Coconut Cooler
This is an assumed panty dropper in the candle community, strictly because of the name. People hear "mango" and "coconut" and they lose their shit! Honestly, I wasn't very impressed with this one. In fact I'll take it further by sayin that this scent is kinda unnecessary. I mean we already have a "mango scent" with Peach Cilantro Twist, why have another one? And it's not like it's that great, personally I think it smells strange. Its not sweet nor juicy but just strange. Almost shampooey. Something better could've replaced this - Coconut Lime Verbena, Island Colada, Coco Lobo, etc...the possibilities were endless. However just because of the name, I could see this one flying off the shelves.

Sparkling Berry Fizz
When I first heard about this one, I thought for sure this was a repackage of Sugarberry Spritzer. Rest assured it isn't. This is kinduva mix of Wild Berries and Champagne Toast. You get a strawberry/blueberry/raspberry kick and the effervescent bubbliness of Champagne Toast as well as that damned black currant note..which to me always smells like cough syrup or cough drops. Eh, this cute, nothing spectacular but cute

Pink Apple Punch
Now I first heard of this, I was excited cuz I love me some apple scents.And besides Spring and Drenched Apple Flower from back in the day, you dont see too many apple scents during springtime. Unfortunately there's little to no apple action goin on in this candle. In fact I am almost positive this is Passionflower from back in the day; you smell everything but apple in this bad boy. And you wouldn't guess from the name that it would be floral, but yes my dears it most certainly is which makes me think it is indeed Passionflower

Pineapple Lychee Smoothie
This is yet another panty dropper in candle world again strictly because of the name. While I was not a fan of this one, I will say that it does smell true to its name, it really does smell like a rich creamy smoothie. The pineapple isn't as juicy and fresh as Pineapple Palm Grass but it's nice. And there is a faint hint of lychee, which at first intrigued me but kinda turned me off a bit after I sniffed. But I'm sure it's gonna be a hit.

And if you're interested if whether or not I bought anything, I did indeed. Behold...

And here for your enjoyment, my Youtube vid

http://youtu.be/9ufnzT-6z68

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles