THAT'S SO TEST SCENT: Eucalyptus Tea


Products: candle
Area used in:  bathroom 
Time Period: whenever (mainly for bubble bath time) 

Description: Soothing Eucalyptus Essential Oil and Tea help calm feelings of stress and uncertainty

*DISCLAIMER* I had this post in my drafts for months and totally forgot about it lol


Let me start off by saying that I friggin LOVE the ET aromatherapy bodycare. I've used the lotion and shower gel for years now; it's pretty much the only bodycare from BBW that I use. So when the candle version randomly appeared in the newly revamped Aromatherapy collection over the summer, I lost my proverbial shit! I'm sure y'all remember the drama over these candles appearing, disappearing and reappearing under the guise of"testing". Luckily before they disappeared forever, I bought this and Orange Ginger online during a 2/24 sale.

The performance on this bad boy has been great. The wicks are deceptively flimsy looking but once lit, there are nice plump mushroom tops. The flames so far has been super high and sometimes snap, crackle and pop and the wax melts into a beautiful verdant pool. Sounds all to the good so far right?Yep...that is until you get to the throw which is pretty much nonexistent. I have never experience such a unscented candle post-light ever. You have to inhale the flames to get any amount of fragrance and even then, any scent you get is miniscule as all hell!

There really isn't much to say about the scent; it smells EXACTLY like the bodycare (at least on cold throw). And if you've been living under rock and have never smelled  the bodycare - you get a toned down eucalyptus (not nearly as potent as Eucalyptus Spearmint) with herbal black tea. The blend is surprisingly sweet and creamy; I usually describe ET as milk black tea with fresh eucalyptus leaves.

Overall I'm kinda disappointed with this candle. I naively hoped that the more I more burned, the more I would eventually get fragrance..nope, not so much! Part of me wishes I hadn't burned it so I could exchange it (I NEVER return half-burned candles)At this point, I burn it strictly for ambience whenever I indulge in a bubble bath (the shower gel friggin has a stronger throw than the candle). So for any of y'all out there who are intrigued with this candle and are considering an Evilbay purch, DON'T!!! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles