WHITE BARN EXCLUSIVENESS: Southern Sweet Tea


Products: candle
Area used in:  living room
Time Period: beginning of April - mid May

Description: This blend of brewed iced tea, sugar cubes and a lemon twist celebrates the South where the tea is sweet and life is even sweeter


When I first heard about this bad boy, I didn't know quite what to think. On the one hand, I was excited to have a tea scent. However, I wondered how close what this be to everyone's favorite, London Calling? Sadly, for whatever reason, SST remained an exclusive..which made absolutely no sense! The collection is called "Screen Doors and SWEET TEA" for pissakes! Furthermore, some of the scents that were released nationwide were, well, lame ie Veranda Garden. Anyhoo, I digress. So my curiousity got the best of me and I started hunting around for this scent. I found a couple on Evilbay but the sellers were charging waaaaayyyy too much for it (unless it's Slatkin or all time fav not in stores, I will not pay over $25 for a candle). Luckily I was able to make a phone order to a White Barn and during a 2/24 sale. I gotta say, I'm soooo glad I did as this has become a fav of mine!

Performance-wise, SST has been excellent, utter perfection!!! Despite not have mushroom tops, there were always consistently high dancing flames and make deep and beautiful amber wax pool. And the throw...omg the throw...it's a killer - KO all the way! The throw is punch you in the face strong and I love it. This candle is the epitome of what a BBW cadle should be!

Now you're probably wondering...is SST a repackage of London Calling or how close is SST to London Calling? They're both very similar but there is definitely a difference betwixt the two. They both share a Lipton Ice Tea powder type fragrance but that's it. I feel like LC is more sweeter and slightly heavier on the lemon. SST, despite the name, is bit more on the astringent side (I'll talk about that in a minute) and (it could be my nice playing tricks cuz NO ONE has mentioned this) I get the tiniest hint of floral in the background, like rose or something. Anyhoo, I think this should've "London Calling" and London Calling should've been "Southern Sweet Tea"

The main complaint that this candle has gotten was that it's too bitter...and it is! The overall scent is very sharp and astringent...but I gotta say, I like that! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not a fan of super sweet diabetes inducing scents and if SST were more sweet, I probably wouldn't have liked it so much. With that said, I can see why some people were a little disappointed; with a name with "sweet" in the title, it should damn well be sweet!

At any rate, I am very happy with this scent and as I said before, it has become a fav of mine; it's been a looooooooooong time since I have gotten a scent that I truly loved and want to repurch if not stock up! I daresay SST is rivaling Espresso Bar as my go to weekend morning breakfast/afternoon brunch scent. And it's an absolutely perfect refreshing scent spring and especially summer. If you're a huge fan of London Calling, you should probably pass this scent right on by cuz you'll probably be disappointed. However if you like a good iced tea scent and don't mind it not being sweet...and you're fortunate enough to live near a White Barn (fingers crossed, it may appear in stores during SAS), GET IT, YA HEAR?!

BYE Y'ALL!!!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles