WALK 'N' SNIFF: The Greatest Glow Collection

Before I begin, I just wanna say that I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving as well as happy shopping today (I personally won't be partaking in Black Friday shenanigans).

So Wednesday I was out and about getting last minute things for Thanksgiving and decided since I was nearby that I would stop in BBW and see if there was any newness. Only some of the holiday quote candles were out (which I totally ignored) and none of the "Scandinavian inspired" candles were out either..which from what I've heard won't be out until AFTER Candle Day (Dec. 2nd). The store did however the "Greatest Glow" candles  - the candles with the black and gold Art Deco/70s wallpaper tumblers.

Everyone knows what Black Tie and Golden Peach Sparkle aka Market/Georgia Peach smells like so let's focus on the newness...


Whiskey Butterscotch (7282AGA3) - there's really not much to say about this candle; it is sooooooo close to Bourbon Sea Salt Caramel . Maybe less salty/savory and more of that dark sweet booziness but that's it. In the same savory caramel family as Bourbon Butterscotch, Hot Buttered Rum, Salty/Salted Caramel etc.; when you've smelled one, you've smelled them all. 

Pomelo & Pine (7283AGA3) - this was the only scent that  I was remotely interested in sniffing and now that I have, I'm quite disappointed as it doesn't smell like what you'd expect. It's one of those candles that's new but not quite because it smells like of hodge-podge of other candles. So you would think this would be a very citrus heavy scent but nope, it's very faint and way in the background; the citrusiness is very similar to the grapefruit note in Grapefruit Gin Fizz. There's a very dirty outside pine/balsam blend that reminds me a lot of the failed test scent Frosted Pine from 2014.  That same balsam/pine blend and cinnamon bark note combined kinda gives a Spiced Autumn Wreath/Pumpkin Woods/Cinnamon Pinecone kind of vibe. I don't really see the point of this scent at all; it just seems like BBW threw some notes together, gave it a vague name and hoped for the best. And honestly, with Grapefruit Gin Fizz, Merry Mistletoe and especially Winter in stores now, P&P is extremely unnecessary.

Starry Sky (7284AGA1) - again, yet another weird and unnecessary scent with notes that smell like other candles. If I had to describe this simply, I would say think Sea to Santorini aka Freshwater & Seasalt mixed with Renew & Refresh. It's an ozonic salty seawater/ocean air melon/cucumber scent with hint of cologney bergamot and dewy floral blend - jasmine maybe or freesia. I don't get the point of SS at all cuz nothing about this scent says wintery or night air 

Champagne & Glitter (7286M8A1) -. So right off the bat this is NOT Sparkling Woods nor is Sparkling Pear Riesling...but there are aspects of both of these that I kinda get in C&G. The notes from the description that I really smell is an intensely artificially smelling pear which is quite similar to Sparkling Pear Riesling. Vetiver...no not really. I do on the other hand get some kind of floral note - peony maybe or pear/apple blossom. I get the cedarwood as well as an animalic muskiness; that musk along with the cedar and that weird unacknowledged floral blend reminds me of Black Tea Rose ; that's how I would describe this scent - Sparkling Pear Riesling mixed with Black Tea Rose. I would also describe C&G as transitional masculine version of First Bloom as that has a pear and floral combo as well.  Just like the rest of this scents in this collection, I don't really get the point of this candle or what it's trying to portray/convey.

This whole collection is beyond pointless and an utter waste; zero cohesion, no rhyme or reason, just random scents with random notes thrown together haphazardly. Real talk, if any of y'all out there are thinking about getting something from this collection today or whenever, DON'T! 
.

Comments

  1. What is candle Tuesday? Thanks for such great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candle Day is one day sale in December where all 3wick candles are sold for a really low price. This year it's on December 2nd and the sale price is 8.95

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME