WALK N SNIFF: Summer Boardwalk/Times New Romans Candles PT2

So yesterday the bf and I planned a shop til we drop day. Of course because it's SAS, I had to check out WB though I must admit I was a bit pessimistic about finding any goodies and as it turned, my pessimism was right; the store didn't have SHIT! Needless to say I was ever so slightly annoyed. And it didn't help that we were accosted by quite possibly the most obnoxious SA ever! She spoke to both of us as if we were stupid - gurl I don't need you to tell us that BBW and WB are connected and we can walk thru the middle to get to either side! Really bitch?! And of course because my bf and I are both men, she immediately starts pushing the new men's bodycare in our faces and practically shoving the Bourbon shower gel up our noses. She couldn't pick up any hints that she was truly pissing both of us off!

*deep cleansing breaths Dear SAs,

1. DON'T TALK TO CUSTOMERS LIKE THEY'RE STUPID! And never EVER assume that every customer that walks in has never ever shopped there before!

2. NEVER ASSUME THAT ALL MEN LOVE COLOGNE SCENTS. I've ranted about that shit before, it is sexist AF!

Anyway, since we there we decided to make the most of it and buy some; the bf bought some candles and a few wf refills for work and I bought some soaps

The schlep to WB wasn't a complete waste as they did have the second phase of Times New Roman candles and I have to say that the new scents pleasantly surprised me (I didn't see Ocean Therapy ~ Ocean Mist & Citrus.)

Sweet Sunset ~ Orange Creamsicle - Now you would think this would be a repackage of last summer's Sunny Coconut which actually did smell like an orange creamsicle. Nope! As for as I can tell, it's a new scent and it's actually nice! There's really not too much to say it's a pretty straightforward scent - you get a blend of juicy orange notes with a hint of lemon zest to brighten and perk things up. And there is a slight sweet vanilla creaminess following after the orange-ness. And I don't know how but there is a cooling effect that does gives the impression of a citrusy frozen treat. I can easily see this scent being very popular for summer.

Surf's Up ~ Coconut Bay - As you know, me and coconut are not the tightest of friends and most coconut scents at BBW just smell super generic to me and this is most certainly not the exception. I'm almost certain that this is repackage of one of BBW's myriad of coconutty summer scents but don't ask me to say which one. You get coconut, a little hint of citrus and some saltiness. If that sounds appealing to you, go for it!

Beach Glow ~ Salted Oak Bonfire - While I was quite disappointed that this wasn't a repackage of Summer Bonfire, I'm glad BBW played around with a new conceptual outdoorsy and woodsy scent with no traces of sea salted coconut, mango, driftwood or mahogany. I would say the best way to describe this scent is think of it as a summer beachy version of Marshmallow Fireside; it also reminds me of last fall's Pumpkin Fireside. So right of the bat, you get instant wood notes; the notes mention oak but I pick a lot of cedar. There is some warmth which I can only assume if from amber which is usually added to fireside/bonfire scents to give the illusion of fiery embers. And there is a smooth and rich marshmallow like sweetness, some vanilla and maybe a bit of sandalwood; that said, I can totally get the Beach Night body care reference that everybody on social media has used to describe it. And it could be my nose playing tricks on me but I get faint hint of some citrusy, like a orange peel; unless your nose is super sensitive, you may not pick it up. Overall, it's really pleasant; you do get the sense of being out at the shore at your beachhouse timeshare roasting marshmallows with your friends in front of fire watching the waves crash. It's warm, calming and comforting; a good relax and read book scent. If you're intrigued with this scent, I would suggest you stock up cuz weird but nice conceptual scents like this always tend to disappear.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles