CANDLE SPOTLIGHT: Wine Down ~ Pomegranate Sangria





Products: candle
Area used in:  living room
Time Period: end of January - 



Description: I wish...to wine down. Make the stresses of the day disappear with Pomegranate Sangria's effervescent blend of wine, apples and a hint of juicy pomegranate seeds 


Well as you might know it's Carnival time back home in New Orleans with Mardi Gras day just around the corner. That said, around this time of winter, I move away from the pine/spice scents of the holidays gravitate to more winter/dark fruit scents and/or something alcohol-ey - like for example I've had Cranberry Pear Bellini and the test scent Sugarberry Spritzer in the past. This go round I wanted to try something new so when my bf brought this home in his $8 haul, I thought it would make a nice Carnival time scent.

Performance-wise, it was a boss bitch! It had high steppin flames, there was always a deep and even wax pool, and it threw it's ass off - the warm throw was really strong filled my apartment.

Now there has been much debate/contention in the BBW community as to what this smells like. I personally think it's a watered repackage with a twist of the failed test scent from Summer Sips, Pomegranate Spritzer. To my nose, the base notes smell exactly alike, albeit watered down. WD doesn't have the fizzy lemon soda aspect that PS had but it does have the rich, dark, tart pomegranate note with creamy but equally dark and rich guava note. However many other argued that WD was actually Sundrenched Vineyard from Provence Garden While I could see that easily, I have to disagree. SDV in candle form was a straightup repackage of Cranberry Woods while the wf bulb smelled like a watered down de-spiced version of it. I think because PS didn't go wide and SDV did, more people were familiar with that one and was their only point of reference. And it makes sense since WD is a "wine" scent and SDV was supposed to be one as well. However I'm stickin to my guns and sayin that WD is a watered down de-lemoned repackage with a twist of PS.

Overall, this was a fun zesty dark fruit scent to close out winter with. While I am enjoying, I can't say that I will miss it once it's gone and won't be sad if it doesn't come back. It's good scent but just not a very memorable or exciting one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles