THIS IS THE BOMB.COM: Spiced Pumpkin Cider


Products: candle
Area used in:  living room
Time Period: off and on from October -


Description: A warming blend of orchard fresh pumpkin-apple cider, ground nutmeg and a hint of clementine orange



So as I've stated before, I'm not the biggest fan of pumpkin scents. With my run of bad luck with Pumpkin Cinnamon Bun and especially Pumpkin Sugared Manfeet...I mean Doughnuts, I was ready to completely ignore this entire collection. But I found myself really intrigued with Spiced Pumpkin Cider. Surely the apple cider and clementine notes would cancel out the evil pumpkin funk. So I gave it a sniff and found myself really liking it. Now in my recent favorite fall scents post, I said that I love apple scents for fall and my go-to apple/cider scent was Spiced Cider. And as you know for the first in years, Spiced Cider wasn't in this fall's lineup. I gotta say that I don't miss it cuz SPC is soooo much better!

Performance-wise, it's been pretty bad-ass. Super ridonkulously high flames, super plump mushroom times, full deep wax pool in gorgeous bright crimson/scaRlet color and it threw like a mutha-effin BOSS; I could smell it around my entire apartment.

And now the scent. Again, this smells so much better than regular old Spiced Cider, definitely more of legit cider scent. And you would think because it's a "pumpkin-apple" scent that it would smell like...well, Pumpkin Apple. But it totally doesn't, SPC is its own separate entity. You get this really warm, pleasant sweet (but not cloying) mulled cider note, heavy on the nutmeg with a tiny hint of clove. Underneath that, you get a slight earthy pumpkin note. And lastly there's a burst bright orange (zest/oil) that really brightens and perks the blend up. It really does smell like legit mulled apple-pumpkin cider with slices of orange.

Now there are those that argue that SPC smells like a repackage with a twist of last year's fail "Cider Donuts". When Touchthefiretwice said in his review, I was like "uuummm, what?!" Then I took a good whiff of SPC...and I totally got it, I could see why people would say that. Much like Blueberry Pumpkin Patch, the "pumpkin" comes across very bakery making it smell more like a muffin or oatmeal. Same thing with SPC, the pumpkin notes is sweet but still earthy and it can come across a little bakery. However I don't think SPC is a repackage with a twist at all, if anything I think it's a repackage with a twist of Spiced Cider with added goodness.

Before I bought the candle, I picked up a few wf bulbs..those suckers smell amazing! I haven't plugged them in but I have a feeling that they're gonna be just as strong as the candle.

In my personal opinion, SPC is the star of the Pumpkin Café collection. You can keep your Pumpkin Sugared Doughnuts and Pumpkin Pecan Waffles and Pumpkin Caramel Lattes, I'm all about SPC! It's a perfect fall scent cuz it has everything you need - apple/cider, autumn spices, pumpkin, a little orange, who can ask for anything more?! I really do hope this sticks around and that it takes the place of Spiced Cider. Pumpkin Apple can take a hike too. SPC is winner, ya did good B&BBW, ya did good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME