WALK N' SNIFF: Pumpkin Cafe

So have stated in the past that a)I'm not a big fan of sweetey/bakery/gourmand scents. Moreover I loathe pumpkin scents with a virulent fiery white hot passion. Last year in their infinite wisdom BBW decided to combine the two creating an entire "pumpkin" inspired gourmand collections..which had everyone convulsing in fallgasmic pleasure...except me. This new trend has continued this fall with the "Pumpkin CafĂ©" collection. I decided that I would be open-minded and branch out, so I decided to give em all a huff..and some of em I wound liking and eventually buying!

Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin
I think this was the scent that turned me off to all things pumpkin-y. A few falls ago, my bf and I got a SCP 1wick 4oz, a decorative wf bulb and a room spray...and we hated them all. We didn't get thru half of the candle, I poured the oil from the bulb down the toilet but kept the bulb and we still have the room spray to this day. SCP just smells like a generic no-name overly-cinnamon'ed frozen pumpkin pie that someone left in the oven and it burned into a crispy black mess. It's cinnamon-y to the point of being nauseating and it just smells burnt. It doesn't smell like a bakery treat like the other scents in this line, so why is there? Moreover it's already in the We Love Fall collection..again why is it in this one?! This scent can retire, keep it strictly as body care and not as home fragrance.

Pumpkin Caramel Latte
This has been around for years..circa 2010 or 2011 and remains to this day one of the top all time favorite scents for fall. I've always avoided it like the plague lest I fall into a diabetic coma. However I tried it for the very first time last year and I found myself kinda liking it...and I didn't need insulin shots. However it was just too oeey-gooey sweet for me to ever want to get again. To simply say this scent is sweet is an understatement. It's like pure sugar in jar tumblr. There's no pumpkin or even spice notes and there's no latte/coffee notes...it's just rich intense mind-numbing, cavity-causing, sugar high-inducing caramel..with cream. It's frothy creamy milk with lots of rich gloopy ooey-gooey caramel.

Pumpkin Cupcake
This scent has been around for a couple of years and remains a fan favorite. In the absence of true pumpkin scents like Pumpkin Path/Pumpkin Carving/Heirloom Pumpkin, this was everyone's go to pumpkin scent. Honestly, I've never really cared for it. It's just the perfection amalgation of scents that I strongly dislike - sugary sweetness and spicy pumpkin. To me, it really does smell like Frosted Cupcake (one of my all time un-favorite scents) with added cinnamon and ginger.

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles
This was the runaway hit of fall last year; people were and are losing their minds over this scent. Frankly I didn't and still don't get the hype! There's no pumpkin or pumpkin spice! There's little to no nutty action. And the "waffle" note is generic smelling at best. There are theories that this is either a repackage of Toffee Glazed Popcorn or Creamy Nutmeg or a mix of both..honestly I dunno. I think people just like the idea of tis scent and kinda fool themselves into this thinking that they smell what they see in the notes and label. As popular as this scent was last year, this year it seems to be overshadowed by the other newer pumpkin scents. Apparently the first week of September is Waffle Week and BBW will be promoting this candle as well as body care with the same name. With that said, we shall see...

Pumpkin Caramel Swirl
*sigh Scents like this really piss me off cuz it's an obvious case of laziness. Let's not beat around the bush..this is a repackage of Cinnamon Caramel Swirl from last winter... a scent that had absolutely nothing to do with Christmas or winter time. And now it's back this fall as a "pumpkin" scent. Just because a scent has cinnamon in it DOES NOT make it a pumpkin scent! I repeat...CINNAMON DOES NOT MAKE IT A PUMPKIN SCENT!!! This could've been an opportunity for a truly new pumpkin scent but nope, BBW decided to be lazily and release this mess!

Spiced Pumpkin Cider
One of the 4 truly new scents in this collection. It seems to be replacing that old fall staple, Spiced Cider. When I first smelled it, I loved it! It was like Spiced Cider but 10x better! It just smelled more genuine and legit and less craftstore potpourri smelling. To me it smelled like Spiced Cider mixed with Pumpkin Apple with just a little hint of orange zest/rind. Then I watched Touchthefiretwice's new fall haul vid where he said that he thought it smelled like last year's Cider Donut ...and it was like "DAFUQ?!!!" Then I smelled SPC today..and I totally got it! It did kinda smell a bit like Cider Donuts and Apple Crumble! I think the reason it smells like that is sometimes BBW's "pumpkin" note comes across as bakery/grainy...like Blueberry Pumpkin Patch..it doesn't so much smell like pumpkin and blueberries as it does a blueberry muffin or granola. So I dunno what to think..sometimes I smell SC with PA and sometimes I smell CD. Either way, still smells pretty damn good to me!

Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow
This seems to be the runaway hit this fall! BBW kinda scared everybody with this scent. Whether it was going wide or not seemed to be the million dollar question. Further confusing people was it's appearance in the special Pumpkin coffret set. Finally it was announced that it would be making a wide release soon in the upcoming weeks...and there was much rejoicing in the land! Sadly Ive only gotten to smell this scent in the coffret. On cold throw it smells EXACTLY like a Little Debbie Oatmeal Pie! Like most of these "pumpkin" scents, it doesn't smell like pumpkin at all and there's no spice. Moreover, like Blueberry Pumpkin Patch, the "pumpkin" note comes off more bakery/grainy. It really does smell like an oatmeal cookie with marshmallow fluff. However, there's something about this scent that doesn't smell entirely new; I think this may be a repackage of something quite old. Ginger Vanilla? Vanilla Spice? Aromatherapy Vanilla Cinnamon? These are just guesses off the cuff, it's possible that this might actually be completely new. All I know is it smells damn good!


*ONLINE ORDER 'N' SNIFF
Pumpkin Sugared Doughnuts
So as y'all already know, PSD is an online exclusive. I was super intrigued so I bought it online blindly without a preliminary huff. And speaking of Cider Donuts, I thought for sure that PSD would be a repackage of that. I was relieved to hear that it supposedly smelled like a mix of Cinnamon Sugared Doughnuts and Pumpkin Cupcake..which doesn't sound half bad. So I ordered it, I received it and I huffed it..and yes it truly smells like Cinnamon Sugared Doughnuts and Pumpkin Cupcake. However here comes the bad part. On top of all of the goodness, I kept smelling something cheesy, like toejam. My bf even said the same thing. And apparently we're the only people in the entire world that smells this funkiness. I even burned it hoping the warm throw would be better..nope, I kept getting sweaty cheesy man feet! I'm guessin that I got a bad batch.

Pumpkin Cinnamon Bun
I had my doubts about this one! I thought for sure that this would be a repackage of that red hot mess from the past couple of winters, Cinnamon Frosting. However, BBW proved me wrong! It is AMAZEBALLS! Everybody is losing their shit over this candle, myself included. It smells legit like a cinnamon bun! It's like you're walkin past a Cinnabon nook in the mall food court! It's ridiculous how genuine this smells!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles