CANDLE SPOTLIGHT: Mahogany Teakwood Part Deux


Products: candle & wallflower
Area used in: bedroom
Time Period: August -mid September

Description: The luxurious scents of fine woods - mahogany, cedarwood and oak are enlighted by delicate lavender and geranium notes


Okay, so let me rant for a second....

What the flim-flam does Mahogany friggin Teakwood have to do with summer?! Why did BBW feel the need to re-released this in another line? First BBW tells us that this scent should conjure up the image of being in a library on a chilly fall night. Now they're telling us that this scent is supposed to conjure the feeling on the being on the deck of a boat on a lake on bright sunny day. Really BBW, really?! BULLSHIT with a capital B!!!

Now that that is out of the way....

My bf LOVES this scent; I daresay it might be one of his top favorites. Me not so much. It just smells too much like the Abercrombie&Fitch store! It doesn't make me think of a library or a boat but rather just a gay bar with dozens of blond, skinny, hairless prettyboys dancing to techno club pop remix....SOOOOOO not my thing! So when my bf suggested that we get MT again, I just rolled my eyes and acquiesced. However, he bought the original core version. I reminded how much of a hot mess that version when we had it last time and suggested that we exchange it for the Lakeside version as the burn was supposedly way better. So we did. It sat patiently while we burned thru our Boathouse Rows. Finally it was time to light this sucker..... annnnnd guess what happened? IT FRIGGIN TUNNELED!!!! I was BEYOND annoyed! However, after the next couple of lights, it somehow corrected itself and the wax started melting evenly and deeply. And ya know what...I found myself slowly but surely starting to like this scent!

It could be my nose and mind playin tricks on me but this version smells slightly different than the original version. Now don't get it twisted, it still smells like cologne. However, I daresay that this version smells slightly more woody; like, I can actually smell the oak and mahogany and cedarwood notes more so than the core version. Geranium and lavender...not so much. Now it does not make me think of trip on a boat on a lake but it also doesn't remind of a dancefloor filled with twinky Abercrombie&Bitch models. I also love the color of the wax as well as the picture label (even though it's total bs); I absolutely dislike the wax color and label of the original candle....BORING!!!

I am also digging the wallflower bulb. As with most of the cologney scents, the bulbs smells more cologney than the candle. There's also an explainable sweetness to it that the candle doesn't have.

I can honestly say that I have come to appreciate MT now. However, I can't quite see this becoming a top favorite of mine although I can see why some folks like it. I see MT as a transitional scent as opposed to a seasonal one as it is advertised to be; to me it translates as an end of summer/beginning of fall scent and not so much any other time beyond that. While this could work as something to have in the living room, I personally think that it's better suited for the bedroom. I do wish this version would stick around as opposed to the core version as I think that the brown wax is prettier, the aroma is more woody and not as cloying and it burns better. I think this version could possibly make people change their opinion of MT...it did for me! 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It's pretty nice! I've grown to like it.

      It's perfect to burn on a...oh i dunno...a wooden patio deck...like the ones on your website!

      Nice website by the way! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME