BBW RANT OF THE DAY: Fall Scents part deux

BBW is sho nuff bringin their A game this fall! In addition to the usual fan favorites (Leaves, Cranberry Woods, Cider Lane) there is cornucopia of new scents and lines that are going to be tested and hopefully released wide.

First of all it seems that there will be a fall themed Fresh Picked line...which I think is GENIUS!!! And it totally fits, what with the autumn harvest and orchards, etc.

BBW will be bringing back...

  • Pear - brilliant idea!!! I know when I think of pears, I think of fall not spring. And the scent, with its vanilla sweetness and creaminess, screams autumn!
And it seems that we'll be seeing 3 new scents...

  • Freshed Picked Apple - is this the elusive apple that supposedly supposed to be released in the spring? I'm guessing this is "Gingham Apple"? I don't understand why this is being released since Farmstand Apple is in the release lineup...*sigh I dunno
  • Fresh Picked Blackberry Spice - I'm thinkin blackberry jam or pie filling
  • Freshed Picked Harvest Coffee - repackage of "Espresso Bar" ?! I will be HIGHLY surprised if it isn't!
There will also be pumpkin themed line of test scents, which I'm assume we will get a sample of on BBW Pumpkin Festival July 29th. They are...

  • Pumpkin Apple - pumpkin and apple with cinnamon and clove....I don't think it would like these two scents together
  • Pumpkin Pecan Waffles - pumpkin waffles with caramel and brown sugar ...bleggghh
  • Pumpkin Carrot Cake - spiced pumpkin, rich carrot cake, and creamy frosting...I'm not sure about this one
  • Pumpkin Hayrides - pumpkin, caramel cider, and golden oak..this might be interesting
BBW is also releasing old pumpkin-y test scents

  • Pumpkin Carving - aka Pumpkin Patch. Basically Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin's twin brother
  • Creamy Pumpkin -  spiced pumpkin, caramel and warm cream; I don't understand why this is testing cuz it was released wide last year
  • Roasted Pumpkin Butter- whipped pumpkin, toasted cinnamon and creamy vanilla butter; apparently this smells like peanut butter
  • Blueberry Pumpkin Patch: Blueberries and pumpkins..not a combo I thought would've gone together. Most reviewers, when it was testing last year, said that it smelled like cereal or granola
Please watch Tinadivalicious' videos on these test scents when they were released last year..hilarious!!! 


Lastly BBW will be releasing two other yet unnamed lines of test scents. These are really interesting; it's gonna be fun guessing which will be released wide

Completely new scents include...
  • Harvest Gathering - red apple, cinnamon leaves and cranberries...this sounds pretty good but I wonder how close this will smell to "Leaves"
  • Tailgate - hickory, football leather and moss; mmmm very masculine! sounds like it's gonna be "cologne-y", very Boathouse Row-esque
  • Flannel: bergamot, mahogany, and musk; hmmm, male version of "Cashmere"?
  • Cedar Wood Trail - cedarwood, neroli and musk...BBW sure does love musk! this could be quite nice..though I'm wonderin if this a repackage of "Cedarwood Oak"?
  • Pumpkin Woods- pumpkin, autumn spices, and vanilla bean... OK, this sounds EXACTLY like "Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin"
  • Vanilla Vetiver - luscious vanilla, aromatic vetiver, and crisp bergamot..they lost me with the vanilla..what does this have to do with fall?!
  • Coconut Wood - exotic sandalwood, rich coconut, white cedar...*facepalm again I ask..what does this have to do with fall?!?!
Repackages, reformulations and returning test scents include
  • Applewood Bonfire - repackage or reformulation of "Bonfire Maplewood"?
  • Sweater Weather - "Snowed In" with eucalyptus...I'm sooo excited about this one, I've heard sooo many good things about it
  • Cider Doughnuts - "Cinnamon Sugar Donuts" with a dash of "Spiced Cider"? I am actually kinda excited about this...I love apple cinnamon-y smells
  • Bergamot Woods - definite repackage of Villa Bergamot. I know Villa Bergamot was a successful scent but is necessary to bring it back? I t doesn't strike me as a fall scent, definitely more of a spring and summer. Besides, with Blackpepper Bergamot coming out, do we need another bergamot heavy scent?
  • Sandalwood Citrus - this tested a few months ago; I guess BBW wasn't a 100% sure about this. According to Littleballadeer, this smelled like "Cool Waters" cologne
  • Sage and Cedar - this tested alongside Sandalwood Citrus. The notes in this are kinda funky. Check out Touchthefiretwice's vid on this test scent line
  • Pinecone - I actually sniffed an old 1wick of this in the store recently (Pinecone used to be an odor-eliminating scent awhile back), it's really nice! However with its notes of spruce, evergreen, and cyprus , it's smells very winter-y
Now be forewarned, everything is subject to change. Some of these might not be released at all and some might remain test scents..with BBW, you never know.
 I for one am very very excited; fall can't get here quick enough. There's light at the end of the tunnel!

All info from Tess/Lifeinsidethepage, Kelley/Sweetkelleyxoxo and Cia/Seeitloveitbuyit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles