DOUBLE CANDLE SPOTLIGHT: Summertime Soda and Oakmoss Vetiver








Summertime Soda
Product: candle
Area used in: living room
Time Period: June –
Description: Quench your thirst with a crisp, bubbly fragrance that features a blend of citrus and vanilla topped off with a hint of cherry

So this is one of the few hidden gems that I found during SAS. At first sniff, I didn’t like it. Some people complained that it had a generic lemon cleaner smell and I totally got that.  You know how BBW is with lemon scents- it’s either sugary sweet or cleaning product-ish.Then I smelled it again and it smelled different. I found myself really liking it! I got the soda aspect of it; a bubbly fizzy effervescence that kinda tickled my nose. I’ve heard SS compared to like a generic 7-up/Sprite; to me, it smells like Mountain Dew…to be more exact, the cherry flavored Code Red Mountain Dew. The “hint of cherry” is exactly that..a hint. I don’t get vanilla…thank god! (I really don’t know why BBW likes to throw vanilla in EVERYTHING!!!)

*sigh tunneled..Tunneled...TUNNELED! The wick was puny and offcenter; the wax around the side was just chillin. And the throw was sooo weak; I had to deeply inhale to smell anything

I do wish that I found a 3wick of this cuz I hate 1wicks. In opinion, SS really should’ve been released wide.
Oakmoss Vetiver
 Product: candle
Area used in: bedroom
Time Period: June –
Description: Infuse your home with a luxurious blend of oakmoss, vetiver and lavender
 * This was in an unnamed line of wood/herbs blended test scents: Sage and Cedarwood (cedar chips), Whitewater Birch (Verbena Waters/Lakeside-esque) and Sandalwood Citrus (Cool Waters cologne)
I was sooo  excited that I found this as this line was not released wide. For the most part, they were written off as epic fails for smelling too “cologne-y”…which I hate when people use that word to describe blends like this. I mean of course something like this is going like cologne cuz these are notes that used in cologne! I mean heaven forbid that BBW releases scents that aren’t floral or bakery….but I digress…
 Yes, there is a *sigh “cologne-y” aspect to it. Touchthefiretwice said in his review that it reminded him of certain shaving cream and I agree with him. When I sniff OMV, it reminds of an ol school barbershop with the red and white striped sign outside and the barber inside is whipping up hot shaving cream to lather on your face before he shaves you with a razor. I do smell all of the notes; the oakmoss and vetiver gives it a damp earthy/woody smell and that hint of lavender wraps them both up nicely. To me, OMV smells like a mix Villa Bergamot and Boathouse Row.
 Like Summertime Soda, I really wish that I found a 3wick instead. The throw was weak and it tunneled like crazy. Despite it being a hot mess, I’m really glad that I found it.   

Comments

  1. Chesterfield Mall in Chesterfield, MO had a TON of both of these candles in the 3-wick form on clearance for $10. I grabbed a Summertime Soda candle today and CANNOT WAIT to burn it. As soon as they go 75% off, I may grab more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous! Not a single store in my area had 3wicks in these. I'm glad you found some. Definitely grab more if they go down 75% off, it's worth it!

      Delete
  2. Hi, I found your blog via Tess. I wanted to say that what I've found helps one wick candles (and it's a pain in the butt, you shouldn't have to do it) is to let it form as big a wax pool as it will, then put it out and sop up some of the wax with a papertowel, then when you light it again later, it forms a complete wax pool. Like I said, it's a pain but it's worked on every 4 oz. candle I've tried so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there. thanks for checkin out my blog

    yeah the ol soppin up the wax trick. I've had to do that a couple of times with a few 3wicks..which it's a shame to waste the wax but what can ya do. i can't be bothered doin that with these 1wicks. usually what i do is i'll burn it and if starts tunneling badly, i put it on candle warmer until the wax is even. normally i wouldn't even bother buyin 1wicks at all(i'm a 3wick guy all the way lol) but because these two scents are so rare and they were discounted, i bit the bullet and bought em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, it's a great read! I love B&BW candles!

      Absolutely: I only got the 4oz. candles that I have because they were the only ones in the scents! I hoarded Summertime Soda like crazy (splurged on 6 of 'em.) and found a couple of Campfire Cookout too. 3 Wick is the only way to go for me.

      Delete
  4. Can't go wrong with 3wicks!

    Btw what's your opinion of campfire cookout? Every review ive seen basically said that it was stinky, like old wet ash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless they don't burn right which I've had happen but only once or twice as far as I recall!

      Campfire Cookout to me, smells like a charcoal grill fired up, ready to throw some food on. Personally, I like it a lot! I am a big fan of scents like that, conjures up some great memories!

      Delete
    2. Very cool! Im glad you like it. Gotta luv any scent that can really capture a mood or a good memory

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME