WALK 'N' SNIFF: Winter 2017 Candles ~ Elements and White Barn Core


I passed by BBW store than I don't typically go in hopes of sniffing the infamous Campfire Donut to see what all the hype was about; no such luck but much to my surprise the store did have random White Barn Core and winter edition Elements candles


Peppermint - so this basically Twisted Peppermint... x100. If you liked TP but wished it was more intense..here ya go!

Pomander - so I was really hoping this Slatkin's Holiday Pomander from backintheday ..which smelled AMAZING. Unfortunately this is not it; it's a new scents as far as I can tell but not a particularly good one. It's a lot zestier than I imagined it would be..which is kinda to be expected considering a what a pomander is. It's an orange based scent, peel/rind/oil and juice and maybe a bit of lemon-lime that comes off a little like cleaner; it reminds me a lot of Murphy Oil soap which as you know is orange oil based. Then get mulling spices - mainly clove with cinnamon and maybe allspice. I liked this at first but after a couple sniffs, I found myself becoming more and more turned off; it smells too cleaner-y for me to enjoy.

ADDENDUM - Back in the day Slatkin days, there was a failed test scent called Orange Clove, I wonder if this is it?

Spruce - I kept sniffing this over and over cuz it smelled so friggin familiar. And then it hit me - Snow & Slopes . S&S was a failed test scent from 2014 (that I happened to find and buy on Ebay); it was delightful almost old fashioned smelling blend of mint and citrus and although it was mentioned in the notes, there were definite pine notes and something herbal like rosemary. That's basically what I get here - S&S with a very toned down mint. It's a blend of fresh pine notes and rosemary with a hint of lemon and orange peel/oil.And there is a hint of mint in the background that adds a wintery coolness. I really enjoy this one!

ADDENDUM: People have been saying that Spruce smells so much like Fresh Balsam. I sooo didn't get that from the ones I smelled so there may be a batch variance I did do a side by side comparison at another store and they were indeed the same so there is a batch variance

Missing Currant, Frankincense and Myrrh


Golden Amber & Oak (7249AGA3) - so this is straightup Black Tea Rose . So this scent made its first debut in a failed collection of wood grain tumbler candles around Thanksgiving and its original name was...wait for it..Golden Oak & Amber   . Eventually the name was changed to Black Tea Rose as that sounded more appealing. Anyway, this version smells closer to the test version with the black glass as opposed to nationwide release version with the grey glass; a little more smooth and drippy as opposed to dry and heavy on the cedar. So some folks seem to always get bamboozled when a scent has been brought with a new name and think that it's new so yeah don't get fooled, this isn't new! I have to say, I HATE that bright orange tumbler; I don't really know what BBW didn't keep the Black Tea Rose name and that black or grey colored glass. I've learned not to question the weird things BBW does.

Blue Cypress & Vetiver (7249AGA6) - so initially I was really intrigued with this as it sounded right up my alley; you know I love my woodsy/outdoorsy mandles. I was really hoping it would be a repackage of the now long forgotten Oakmoss & Vetiver but alas it is not. It's very similar smelling; it's very similar to Crisp Morning Air and Autumn Sky. I may need to sniff this again but I really didn't get cypress or anything piney nor vetiver; it's a non descript sweet fresh ozonic cologney scent.

ADDENDUM - I did indeed smell it again for further assesment. I did get an almost cedar-like woodsiness and a little something earthy that could possibly be vetiver. I still get a Crisp Morning Air/Autumn Sky type cologney blend but with a woodsiness similar to The Original

Peppermint Rosemary (7248K3A8) - OMG, this damn scent is amazing; it is EVERYTHING! It has been getting some substantial hype on social media and for one, it deserves it. It's one of those sophisticated blends that comes out of nowhere and you just wanna give BBW a standing ovation despite their constant BS. I would describe this as a mature version of Snow Day for adults - on first sniff, you get an immediate instant blast of intense mentholy Twisted Peppermint-esque peppermint. Then you get fresh blend of aromatic piney rosemary and cooling eucalyptus that goes so well with the peppermint. It's a crisp, refreshing yet relaxing aromatherapy type scent... that I will be stocking up on once there's a good sale! BronzeBlogger approved!

Missing Grapefruit Gin Fizz, Toasted Graham Cracker and Merry Mimosa


Comments

  1. Omg, every time BBW puts out a candle that I like, I live in a weird fear that I'm gonna go on your blog and see that you hate it. I'm SO HAPPY you like Peppermint Rosemary because it's SUCH a favourite of mine. I actually want to like, petition for it to be a "staple" scent like Mahogany Teakwood or Eucalyptus Spearmint, like the year-round White Barn candles. I've always loved the Rosemary Mint shampoo from Suave, so as soon as I saw the name for this candle, I was sold. It's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO that's hilarious

      And I agree, it should be a year round aromatherapy scent

      Delete
  2. So I hear Currant smells similar to Diptyque Baies. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any cuz I've never smelled that before

      Delete
  3. Go to your nearest Nordstrom and sniff. These are pure scents - and if you thought BBW was an expensive habit . 💸.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles