WALK 'N' SNIFF: Freshed Picked Winter Market

First all....HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYBODY!!!!



This is the first post of the new year!!! *blows party horn

Anyhoo, got to smell some these Winter Market during various trips to BBW during SAS...

*eyeroll

Can you say "beating a dead horse"?

It was cute in the spring...it kinda worked in the fall...but this winter one is kinda pathetic. Let me just stop now before I launch into a full length rant.

As you know, a good portion of these candles didn't make the cut...Brown Sugar Apples, Winter Café (aka Espresso Bar/Harvest Coffee) and Cinnamon Tea..although some have made random appearances in stores for SAS. At any rate, let's get into it...

Market Herbs
AKA Tuscan Herbs. Now don't get me wrong, I do like this scent... at least back when it was Tuscan Herbs; in fact I still have a candle of that left. However I think it's inappropriate for this Winter Market line. Why not something minty, like Garden Mint from 2011 Fresh Picked line or something with rosemary... *sighs with exasperation

Sparkling Berries and Pears
As soon as everybody saw the name and notes, everyone assumed that it was a repackage of Cranberry Pear Bellini. And I was like "No! Surely BBW can not be that lazy and uncreative?!" Then I saw and sniffed it in the store...there's no denying or getting around it...it is INDEED a repackage for Cranberry Pear Bellini...or rather a repackage with a twist. There's an ever so slight difference between SP&B and CPB (SP&B is less fizzy) but not slight enough to make the two smell completely different. Why BBW why? Why would you release two nearly exact scents around the same time? Moreover, what does Sparkling Berries and Pears have to do with Winter/Christmas time? Why not bring back the Pear candle from the 2012 Spring Fresh Picked? Or Brandied Pear from fall 2012? Or Candied Sugar Plum or Plum Amber Wine? Or something with berries, like Blackberry Spice or Woodland Berries or Cranberry Harvest/Cranberry Cider. The possibilities were friggin endless yet BBW decided to be lazy.

Sugared Lemons
AKA Limoncello or rather Limoncello with a twist...a very slight hint of raspberry. Now to me, this scent is more springy/summery. It's a nice scent but it really has nothing to do with winter

Mulled Cider
AKA Spiced Apple Toddy AKA Leaves. There's no getting around it, there's absolutely no denying it...Spiced Apple Toddy and Mulled Cider are basically the spiced cinnamon-y apple cider note from Leaves. I do like both scents; in fact I wound up getting a MC cuz my bf really liked it however, it just reminds me too much of Leaves which I feel is fall only scent.

Speakin of which, why is BBW still selling Leaves both online and in stores this late into winter, especially when there's already SAT and MC?

Cinnamon Tea
One of the truly (relatively) new scents in this line. I say relatively cuz it smells like a blend of two existing scents. To me, it smells like a mix of London Calling and....wait for it...LEAVES! It has the Lipton Lemon Ice Tea-esque note from London Calling and the spiced apple and berries and the slightly musty nectar notes of Leaves. Actually it works, the blend smells really nice together however it's just not what I was expecting.

The next time two I haven't seen in any stores but have heard things from friends who either sniffed them and/or bought them

Sweet Clementines
I (and many others) expected this to be a repackage of Sicilian Orange since most of these WM candles are rip offs of the Italian Piazza candles. Thankfully it isn't. According to my sources, this called smells very peachy/apricot-y, almost Market Peach-esque. Now I learned something new recently..apparently eating clementines during winter is a thing up north which is why I think BBW choose SC for the WM line. However I think Orange Clove would've been a better choice as it is a scent better associated with winter and the holidays.

Winter Vanilla Latte
AKA Creamy Nutmeg although the notes sound more like VBN but it isn't . Why change the name? Or why not bring back something else like Vanilla Spice, call it Winter Spices? Or bring back some other blasts from the past; Eggnog Cheer, Hot Cocoa or Peppermint Mocha,  yknow...actual traditional winter drinks?

*throws hands in the air

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles