Least favorite BBW scents AKA Hot Mess Nominees


I really tried to give this poor candle a chance. Everybody dislikes this candle...and now I know why. It's just not good at all. There is nothing remotely ocean-ey about it. And it's the first candle I 've ever burnt that made me sick to my stomach. 


6. Sage Cucumber
My bf surprised me with wallflower bulbs of this as he knows I love the smell of cucumbers. However after plugging them in, I started GETTING seriously grossed out. It smelled like a week old salad; like someone drenched their salad with Italian dressing and pepper, didn’t eat it all and left it sitting out to get all mushy. In fact, I wondered if we had a salad or some vegetable that was no longer fresh. No, it was the damn Sage Cucumber. Never again!


5. Winter Night
I needed some new wallflower bulbs for the living room. I saw this online and I was intrigued with the notes (fir needles, pine, sage, sap and incense) so I ordered some. One day I happened to be in the store with my BFF and there was a lone Winter Night candle with the clearance items. I took a whiff and I gagged. It smelled like the inside of an old musty Catholic church. It's supposed to conjure the feeling of being in a winter cabin. No, more like Sunday Mass: the priest is swinging incense and you’re on your knees on that velvety pullout cushion repenting for your sins. I quickly returned those bulbs and exchanged them with  White Barn Renew and Refresh; the last thing I want my apartment to smell like is a Catholic church!


4. Caribbean Escape (*store sniff)

This is definitely a love it or hate scent. The majority of BBW enthusiasts hate it...and I'm definitely one of them. Its supposed to be this extra fruity concoction but really it just smells like melted fruit scented crayons. I think it's the coconut milk and sugarcane that messes it all up, otherwise it would probably be really tart and refreshing. G..R..O..S..S..GROSS!!!


3. Cashmere  (*store sniff)

Ugghhhh. Two of my least favorite smells EVER…vanilla and amber. It’s supposed to be warm and inviting like a cashmere sweater on a chilly night....not so much. More like warm and uninviting vomit! 


2. Plum Amber Wine  (*store sniff)

Again with the damn amber! If it was just plum wine, I probably could’ve liked it as I do love me some plum wine. This smells like some drank a bottle of said plum wine and puked it back up. Just nasty! 


1.   Thanksgiving (*store sniff)

This is the mother of all stank smelling BBW candles! I smelled this in the store and almost threw up! I am not at all a fan of candles that smell like food. For example, French Baguette smells exactly like bread; while I like the smell of fresh bread, I would not want my apartment to smell like it all day. Anyway, with its notes of potatoes, butter, spices and pecans, I was intrigued. I took a sniff only to regret it big time! It smelled like straight up instant mashed potatoes in a box and Betty Crocker cornbread dressing in pot that you just added water to and is not cooked yet. It’s vile! What BBW should’ve down was have notes of sweet potatoes/yams with sugar, vanilla, cinnamon/nutmeg/allspice with a dash of tart cranberry. But no, they didn’t. It’s a hot shitty mess for real!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles