CANDLE SPOTLIGHT: Pear

image source: Bath & Body Works

Product: candle & wallflower
Area used in: bedroom
Time Period: April

Description: The subtly sweet scent of pear becomes even more enticing when blended with fresh spring greens and a touch of vanilla


This was from the very lackluster Fresh Picked line: Lemon Mint Leaf (toothpaste), Strawberry (strawberry jelly), Pineapple Mango(dried mango/pineapple), Market Peach(over ripe mushy peach), First Bloom (the pink Dove bar soap), Garden Bouquet (fresh flowers still in the dirt) and the unnecessary Lilac Blossom.

Before I start my review, I'd like to rant for second. The Fresh Picked line this year was soooooo boring! Especially when compared to last year's release... Blackberry Grapefruit (the absolute worst burning candle ever), Gingham Apple, Sage Cucumber, Summer Watermelon, Mango Cilantro. There was such an array of eclectic and juicy scents last year. This year, not so much! I think this year's release disappointed many BBW enthusiasts, myself included. Come on BBW, step up!

Anyhoo, this was the only candle from this line that I was remotely interested in. When my bf and I smelled it in the store, we knew that we had to get it. We initially got one candle but we enjoyed it so much we eventually wound up getting more. My bf LOVED it. Now don't get me wrong, I really liked it too but part of me was a tad bit disappointed.

It does smell like a pear but a synthetic-ey  one, like a body spray. My main issue was the vanilla. Ugh, I do not understand why BBW loves to throw vanilla notes in EVERYTHING (either that or coconut or sandalwood). The vanilla gives it a warmth, creaminess and sweetness which honestly I could’ve lived without. This would’ve been nicer paired with green apple or apple blossom - keep it crisp, fresh and juicy. But no, not so much!

Up close the candle smells a little strange – it gives off a weird chemical gasoline smell. But from for away, it smells really nice. And the throw is strooonnng!! I could smell this in the living room and beyond with the bedroom door closed. The wallflower smells a little perfumey up close but it smells just as nice as the candle from afar.

In my opinion, if you like less sweet more fresh scents, Pear is the only one in this line worth checkin out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles