CANDLE SPOTLIGHT: Beach Cabana

image source: Bath & Body Works
 
 
Product: candle & wallflowers
Area used in: main bathroom, guest bathroom and guest bedroom
Time Period: May -   

Description:  Bring the beach to you! Fill your favorite rooms with the sweet scents of a tropical beach cabana. Hints of rich jasmine and orange blossom instantly transport your senses beachside

I wanted something fresh and beach-y for the upcoming summer months...something to replace Fresh Cotton and Fresh Linen (which I was REALLY getting bored with) but still had that same fresh clean vibe. The only thing I could think of was Beach Cabana. I got a bunch of the bulbs and eventually the 3wick candle and room spray.

On to the performance..hmmmm. The candle was a bit of a disappointment. The throw was not very strong at all, sometimes nonexistent.The wicks (which were super thick) eventually grew really stubby and left soot all over the jar and the top of the wax.  And speakin of which, the wax turned a cruddy tannish-sky blue color. Even the oil in the bulbs changed colors; it started getting more and more green. If I wasn't so satisfied with the scent, I'd be really aggravated.

Now on to the scent....I kinda get what BBW was trying to do with this scent.. fresh towels at a beach resort. Basically it's a summer beach version of "Fresh Cotton". To me, BC smells EXACTLY like the Vaseline Intensive Care "Gentle Breeze" Bath Beads which I LOVE and have used for years. So for me, this was perfect for my bathroom. Now the notes...people have described BC as having a feminine deodorant or body spray aspect...and I totally get it. I think it's the jasmine that gives it a powdery feminine flavor. And the orange blossom adds to it while making it slightly more exotic. And I believe there is hint of musk blended in. 


BC is ok but definitely nothing exciting. It's fresh, it's clean, it's beach-y. I think it's perfect for a bathroom during summer; I can't imagine using this scent in a living room or bedroom. Honestly, I only burn this candle when I'm taking a bath. Other than that, it's pretty much just decoration. If I were you, I wouldn't even bother buying the candle, just get the wallflower bulbs and/or room spray and call it a day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles