THIS IS THE BOMB.COM AWARD : Island Margarita

image source: Bath & Body Works



Product: candle & wallflowers
Area used in: living room
Time Period: May

Description: The scent of a classic poolside cocktail – notes of mandarin, sweet mango and plum with a freshly salted rim

*this an old fan favorite that's been around for years. It's currently with the summer beach themed Tropical collection - Palm Beach Cooler (fruit syrup/candy), Bahama Fizz (fruit smoothie), Oceanside (ugghh), Tiki Beach (flowers, coconut and vanilla/spa or resort by the beach), Beach Cabana (deodorant/body spray),Pink Sangria (pink lemonade), Peach Bellini ("Pink Sangria" with Peach Schnapps), Caribbean Escape (melted fruit scented crayons), Coconut Leaves (coconut water), Poolside (suntan lotion) and possibly the 2013 limited edition of Summer Boardwalk (caramel apples and toffee popcorn)

Inspired by Cinco de Mayo and the oncoming summertime weather, I decided to grab this as my next scent for the living room....and I'm soooooo glad I did cuz I love it! I'm still burning it and I am LOVING every minute!

Before I go on with the review, allow me to rant for a second. I LOVE the smell of limes!!! BBW hasn't done too many limes scents..well, that's not entirely true; they've done two - Lime Ice and Sparkling Mojito (which I really hope they bring back). I digress. One of the main reasons I decided to get this is because it is a lime scent. EVERYONE knows that one of the components of a Margarita is lime, duh! So why does BBW continue to not list lime as a note in the description?! They can list every other note under the sun but never lime? There's not even any limes on the label, just a kiwi on the rim! It's cute but really?! I dunno why, but this aggravates me to no end!

On to the scent...O..M..G..it's sooo good! It's sweet, it's tart, it's refreshing! I can't say it smells like an actual Margarita though. To me, especially on cold throw, it smells like the green Kiwi Starburst candy. There's definitely a strange kiwi aspect to it. The lime note is very light, disappointingly light but it's still there which adds a nice freshness and zestiness to the blend. At first, I was thrown off by the mandarin, mango and plum (I kinda assumed it was to make the scent sound more juicy and exotic thus attracting more customers) but now I got it; the mandarin is mimicking the Triple Sec and the mango and plum is supposed to be agave nectar, two more components of a classic Margarita. Now on the website, it mentions blue iris and sandalwood in the notes.... uuumm, yeah whatevah !

Performance-wise, this candle's burn is a little iffy..at first. I had 3 of these; for the first two, the wicks seemed to stub out and drown but eventually they fixed themselves. And the one I'm burning now is A-OK with no wick problems at all. All had even, DEEP wax pools. I do wish the throw was just a bit stronger but I'm not complaining cuz it still fills a room. The bulbs...sigh...they started off super strong and they smelled soooo good. But then after the halfway mark, they started getting funky. The oil turned a yucky booger green and the scent went  completely stale. Oh well, they great while they lasted.

Want a good scent for Cinco de Mayo or summer in general? Definitely give this a try, you won't be sorry!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles