CANDLE SPOTLIGHT: Lavender Vanilla

image source: Bath & Body Works
 
 
Product: candle & wallflowers
Area used in: main bathroom
Time Period: February -

Description: A blend of two timeless – lavender and creamy vanilla becomes unforgettable with touches of cedarwood, delicate jasmine and citrus

*repackage of the old Aromatherapy scent of the same name

I love anything scented with lavender…love it Love it LOVE IT! I had both the Aromatherapy Lavender Vanilla and Aromatherapy Lavender Chamomile candles (as well as the shower gels and bath salts) and I loved them both. Plus all of the BBW fanatics were raving about this incarnation so I had to try it. *sigh Honestly, I wasn't that impressed. Compared to the aromatherapy version, this one is soooooo sweet. If this was a more herbal vanilla
bean-ish, I probably would've like it. However it’s more like rich whipped vanilla cream with a sprinkle of dried lavender. And there is absolutely no jasmine or citrus or cedarwood, just straight up creamy sweet vanilla with a hint of lavender.
 
 
I had the old Aromatherapy wallflower bulb in the bedroom to help me and the bf sleep better but I eventually moved it to the bathroom since I use a lot of lavender scented bath products.  Once that ran out, I started using the newer odor-eliminating version and that was a hot mess – you could barely smell it and the oil inside turned yellow-ish. The candle burns nicely and there's a decent throw. I still haven't completely burned thru it yet.
Personally, I would prefer a vanilla-free lavender candle/bulb. A little vetiver, a hint of cedarwood, maybe some citrus and I'd be a happy camper. Awhile ago BBW released a lavender candle along with a vetiver one; I wish they'd bring it back cuz I'd definitely buy it. Anyway, Lavender Vanilla is and will remain a fan favorite and it's a core scent so it'll always be around. If you like sweet confectionary scents, you'll enjoy this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles