Top Favorite BBW Scents

When it comes to BBW candles/bulbs, I pick them as I do my colognes/body sprays or air fresheners. I avoid sickeningly sweet scents or spicy cinnamon type scents (except during fall and winter) I like scents that smell fresh and clean; air, rain, water, ocean etc. Same goes with candles.


I hate hate HATE candles that smell like food, especially bakery scents..ugh, makes me sick to my stomach. I also avoid what I call the "girly girl scents"...overly floral/perfumey and sugary sweet candy or fruit smells, etc. Give me something that smells fresh, clean, watery, herbal, woodsy, musky/cologney and I am a happy camper. Also, I tend to gravitate to scents that capture a conceptual thought or feeling as opposed to an actual object. Some candles (particularly the Slatkin Co/BBW brand) tend to try to replicate an actual drink or food or flower or fruit and sometimes misses the mark; it ends up smelling too artificial. On the other there are candles (the White Barn scents) that tend to evoke a location or a mood or concept.


There are many scents I absolutely love but when I run out or BBW stops selling them, it's no love lost and I move on. However, there are a few scents am beyond obsessed out.

Here are my top 5 all time favorite BBW candles

5. Island Margarita - Love it love LOVE IT! sweet, tart, zesty..just a perfect summer scent

4. Tis the Season - to me, this is Christmas in a jar. Screw Winter, Fresh Balsam, Merry Mistletoe, its all about Tis the Season for me

3. Spring - normally I HATE most floral scents, but I am in love with this one! This smells like straight up Easter!

2. Leaves - How can anyone not like this scent! It is, without a doubt, THE perfect scent for fall!

1. Black Pepper Bergamot - O..M..G!!! Can you say orgasmic?! This will forever be my all time number one favorite candle!!!

Here are my partner's favs....
Villa Bergamot
Pear
Espresso Bar

Mahogany Teakwood
Leaves
Winter
and of course, Black Pepper Bergamot



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles