BBW SPOTLIGHT : Pink Sangria

image source: Bath & Body Works


Product: candle
Area used in: living room
Time Period: June

Description: Hello Pink Cocktail! Enjoy this pretty and refreshing mix of zesty mandarin, crisp apple, watery pear and sugared berries


I totally ignored this scent for the longest time; it was just one of those candles that did not jump out at me at all. Because of the rosy pink wax color and sugary sweet fruity notes, I kinda just shrugged this off as a girly girl smell. One day my bf mentioned this candle in passing so I thought I'd give it a sniff. I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised so I decided to give it a try.

First of all, before I say anything, this candle is TOTALLY misnamed! This is PINK LEMONADE!!! There's nothing remotely sangria/wine-ish about this at all! It smells like true legit straightup tangy lemonade with crushed berries. Perhaps its the mandarin note that gives this a lemonade-y smell and there's a definite sugared muddled raspberry/blueberry/strawberry note that makes sweet. I wonder if this is a repackage or reformulation of "Pomegranate Lemonade" cuz that also smelled like straight up pink lemonade.

The burn was ok; the flames sometimes were low but the wax pool was always even. And the throw is STRONG! You can smell this almost instantly after lighting it.

For some reason, BBW didn't release PS wallflower bulbs like they have in the past. I heard thru the grapevine that the Bellini CafĂ© bulbs from the Italian Piazza collection smelled just like PS so that's what I got. The bulbs smell EXACTLY what PS should smell like! At first sniff, BC kinda smelled like cough medicine or old cough drops however plugging them in, they smelled really good. Unlike PS, the BC bulbs has a wine/sparkling grape juice aspect to them with dash of extra fruitiness. I'm glad the bulbs don't smell like the actual candle cuz the BC candle is STANK!

*sigh I don't know what to think of PS. There's that misleading name. Also I'm not a fan of the sometime low flames. But the aspect that really makes me not a fan is the smell. There's a strange alcohol-ey chemical-ly gasonline-y smell; I'm not sure if that's BBW's way  of mimicking the alcohol red wine aspect of the "sangria" or if it's just ingredients of the wax. Either way, it's a little offputting. I've burned thru one and I have one more left that I just lit before writing this review. With that said, I'm kinda ready to move on to something else.

Final thoughts...BBW, change the name to Pink Lemonade cuz that's more fitting; sangria it is not! And get rid of that strange chemical smell! Until then, this is not repurch!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles