BBW RANT OF THE DAY: Fall Scents

Even though I'm enjoying summertime, I really can't wait for fall. Autumn is truly my favorite season for so many reasons...cooler weather, leaves changing colors, my birthday, my bf's birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc. I also love fall themed fragrances; give me a spicy cinnamon-y apple-y type scent and I'm a happy homo! With that said, fall is when BBW scent-wise really shines!

* sigh Y'know...I think BBW tries a little too hard or sometimes not hard enough during spring and summer...what with all the tropical and fruity stuff. And this year in particular was pretty lackluster

Tropical line - nothing exciting, just the usual fan favorites
Spring line - once again nothing exciting, only two new scents once of which was a hot mess (Lily Pond)
Fresh Picked line- snoresville; not nearly as good as last year
Italian line - kinda interesting but most of the scents were hit and misses
Lakeside Summer line - a lot of hype but wound up bein a bit of a let down
Destination line -  *yawn

BBW was not on top of their-game; they didn't bring it and fans across the land were very much over it! And to add insult to injury, there was the much anticipated summer Semi Annual Sale which wound being a huge let down; funky markdowns, hyped up sales that were far from a bargain, little to no rarities or hidden gems and fans, if they hadn't already, were started to give up hope. However, with the release of the Fall Bakery candles during SAS, it made everybody look forward to what fall had in store; cleanse everybody's palate so to speak. The next coming months really could be a time of renewal for BBW and lure scores of discouraged and disillusioned fans back to the Promised Land.

It seems like BBW will be bringing back all of the fall fan favorites

  • Black Pepper Bergamot - OMG...OMG...I am sooooo glad this will be back in rotation. I was in tears when they stopped selling this and I have been waiting patiently for its return!
My two fall staples
  • Leaves - Leaves IS fall...PERIOD!!!
  • Cranberry Woods - soooo good!
The rest includes
  • Autumn - blah, nothing too exciting. Leaves is waaayyy better
  • Autumn Day - aka Acorn and Fig.. blah
  • Cider Lane - I really wanna try CL this year; I remembering sniffing it in the store last year and it smelled funky to me. But everybody RAVED it and that it smelled better once lit
  • Farmstand Apple - nothing exciting
  • Cinnamon and Clove Bud - ugghhhh, I can't stand this. It smells like Big Red gum or Hot Tamales candies
  • Fresh Balsam - never understood why BBW started selling this in the fall; to me, it's more of a winter-y scent
  • Lemon Mint Leaf - why?!
  • Marshmallow Fireside - total fan favorite..not mine though
  • Nutmeg and Spice - aka White Barn No 1, (possibly Aromatherapy Vanilla Cinnamon?) very nice scent
  • Pumpkin Caramel Latte - no pumpkin, all caramel
  • Pumpkin Cupcake - Frosted Cupcake with cinnamon and ginger
  • Spiced Cider - love this!
  • Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin - standard generic fall time potpourri pumpkin-y scent
fall release info from http://lifeinsidethepage.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles