BBW RANT OF THE DAY: Semi Annual Sadness

Before I say anything, I just wanna say VERY disappointed I was with the sale! And apparently I was far from the only one. Once again, BBW got everybody's hopes up only to let everyone down! It just was not worth it! there weren't too many really good bargains. Okay so 3wick candles were $10-11...whoopdy-friggin-doo!!! That's just a glorified 2 for $22 sale. And I 'm just speakin for myself, but the most of the candles that were discounted were not candles I had any intention on buying! And in my area, there was NOTHING 75% or 90% OFF, not candle-wise! No rare hidden gems, no oldie but goodies but just the same shit that is on the website. I was really hoping to find a Seaspray or Verbena Waters or any discontinued scents for that matter...but no, no such luck. Back to the complaint at hand. The bargains were just shitty... $3 wallflowers, $6 duo packs...once again whoop-dee-doo! And yeah it was cool that BBW brought back old school body care like Juniper Breeze (which I don't see the hype about that scent), Country Apple, Cotton Blossom, etc and other lotions and fragrance mist for 75% off.. which is nice if you're into their body care...which I'm not. The ONLY hightlight of SAS in my opinion was the release of the Fall bakery scents..which, to me, wasn't even that exciting cuz a) there were only 2 scents that I was even remotely interested in and b) they were only 45-50% off!

Anyway, let's get to real deal..my haul....

As you can see, it's quite small and nothing too extraordinary. And this is after raiding THREE different stores! Each store got more and more disappointing with their lack of good stuff!

So the first store...my bf and I go in and we're both super excited about what we could find. As were lookin around, the sales associate took it upon herself to "help" us...which would've been fine if she wasn't doing it every other minute..pointing out stuff, spraying stuff, giving recommendations to stuff I was not remotely interested. But the thing that bothered me the most was she kept pointing out things "men" would love. Just because I 'm a guy doesn't necessarily mean I'm there to buy "guy" stuff; if I wanna buy perfume and girly lotion and FFMs and floral candles (which I don't btw), that's my prerogative! Besides I'm sure I know more stuff about BBW products than the average sales associate does so let me look around and leave me the hell alone; if I need your help, I will ASK!!!

Anyhoo....so the first I did was sniff the fall bakery candles...*sigh Caramel Apple and Kitchen Spice were the only ones I liked. For some, Apple Crumble smelled strange; maybe it was a bad batch. Next I moved on to the $3 hand soaps; I was specifically lookin for Lime Basil and Ocean Citrus. After digging thru all of the Island Margaritas and Rainkissed Leaves, I finally found some Ocean Citrus..no Lime Basil unfortunately. Then I went to the candles..no rarities, ho hidden gems and of course they had the test scents I wasn't interested in - Pizzeria and Lily Pond...omg...those two STINK!!! Pizzeria smells too much like dough and tomato sauce and Lily Pond just smells like old dried hotel soap and swamp water. Oh and there 4oz/1 wick Eucalyptus Mint Apple and Lilac....uuuugghhh,  disgusting!!!

After lookin and sniffin around, we got....
  • 1 Ocean Citrus hand soap 
  • 2 Espresso Bar 3wick candles
  • 1 Caramel Apple 3 wick candle
  • 1 White Citrus and 1 Noir Shower gel
  • 1 Lemon Zest shower scrub
After using a survey coupon, it came to be $40-somethin bucks


Then we went to the BBW in one of the big malls here. Once again, nothing exciting! My bf kinda gave up at this point but I was determined to stay optimistic..however that didn't last long.  I had no luck finding the stuff that I was looking for, like the Lime Basil soap. For some reason, this store had an overabundance of Fresh Lavender soap, which I like but was not wanting to buy any at the moment. I was sure this store would have some rare oldie but goodies but no, not so much. The only ol school candle I saw was a 2012 version of Lemon Mint Leaf.  And no test scents except Lily Pond..uuugghhh! There were however a few surprising hidden gems though so that kinda made up for things

Here our purchase was even smaller. From this store, we got...
  • 2 Boathouse Row bulbs (cuz we're about to burn the candle soon) and 2 Beach Cabana bulbs
  • 1 Summertime Soda 4oz/1wick candle and 1 Oak Moss Vetiver 4oz/1wick candle (OMG those smell so good!!! )
  • 1 Midnight Pomegranate FFM (which I thought was discontinued but it's actually just gonna be an online exclusive)
  • 1 Ocean anti-bac
After the survey coupon, that came to be about $20-somethin dollars

Then on the third store. This was in a very generic lookin outlet mall. The few times I've been there, they almost never have what I'm lookin and this time was no different. I gave up trying to find some good stuff so I decided to find something for my mom and grandma whose birthdays are coming up soon. I looked in the True Spa bin..nothing good (though I did find some infused spa socks but they were just 50% off, not a bargain so not worth it) Then on to the lotion bins; it was all Dark Kiss and Black Amethyst, both of which are too "Old lady-ish" for these two ladies! . I sprayed one FFM after the other, once again nothing they would like. They had Sparkling Blackberry Woods and Twilight Woods out the wazoo! Despondent, my bf and I left the store completely EMPTY-HANDED!!!!

Once we got home, I got desperate and made an online order. There was a deal for 20% of a $25 order as well as a $1 shipping for a $25 order. However with shipping/handling and sales tax they both came out to be the same total, over $30. So I took one item out and didn't wind up using either deal.

I bought...
  • 1 Lime Basil hand soap (finally got my hands on one)
  • 1 Apple Crumble 3wick candle (despite that infamously bad burn)
  • 1 Lemon Zest shower gel
Those should arrive Thursday or Friday.

So yeah, that was my SAS experience...DIS-A-PPOINT-ING.COM!!!!

While it's rumored that sales will get better in the oncoming weeks, I'm not holdin my breath. Methinks I'm going to take a break from BBW for awhile, probably until fall. I'm just tired of being let down and disappointed. Hopefully by the time the fall scents come out, BBW should have their proverbial shit together, fingers crossed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles