MAJOR HAULAGE: January 2014 SAS Haul

I finally am able to do this post. With New Years and waiting for packages to arrive due to New Years and then the taking down all of the Christmas decorations after Twelfth Night, I 've had to wait patiently to do this.

And now ladies and gentlemen, with out further ado, I present you all

MY SEMI ANNUAL HAUL



*fanfare *trumpets *loud cheering

Now I did not buy these all at once. What you see is a collective of everything that I bought from various trips to two different stores as well as several separate online transactions

So my first purchase was online the first week of SAS and it arrived the day after New Years. I bought....
  • Twisted Peppermint 3wick (blue version from '12)
  • Tis the Season 3wick ('12 version)
  • Chestnut & Clove 3wick (cuz I have a feeling it won't be around next year)
Then the day after Christmas, my bf and I went to the store. He surprised with a gift card so I used it to buy a few goodies...
  • 1 Snow Day 3wick (there's only one of it at the store)
  • 1 Tis the Season '12 vers 3wick (there's only one of that as well)
  • 1 Mulled Cider 3wick (which smells like Leaves; my bf really liked this one)
  • 1 Winter wf bulb two pack
  • 3 Snow Day bulbs
  • 1 Winter big room spray one
  • 1 small Fresh Balsam room spray
  • 1 Italian Lavender deep cleansing soap
  • 1 Plumberry deep cleansing soap
Then that weekend, he and I went to another store just on whim to see what was there. I actually discovered a pretty awesome find...


  • 1 Frosted Pine 3wick (It was there all by itself and bein overlooked so I decided to get it. I can see why this didn't go wide; with Evergreen and Fresh Balsam, this scent was kinda pointless and unnecessary. It smells like a pine tree and dirt, like you're about to cut down a Christmas tree still in the ground. )
  • 1 Snow Day bulb
Then during the week of New Years I made a three different online purchases and all arrived en mass last night...
  • 1 Snow Day bulb (what can I say, I really like this scent)
  • 1 Sweater Weather bulb (just cuz)
  • 1 Chestnut&Clove bulb (in case it doesn't show up next year)
  • 2 Fresh Sparkling Snow anti-bacs
  • 1 Tis the Season anti-bac


  • 4 Champagne Toast bulbs
  • 1 Fresh Sparkling Snow anti-bac


  • 1 Champagne Toast 3wick
  • 1 Sparkling Icicles room spray
So that my friends is it!

I also made  Youtube vid where I talk a bit more in depth, so check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTHeopRNEVk&feature=youtu.be

Comments

  1. Excellent choices there! Great video, thanks for making it!

    I have to say, weird how Twisted Peppermint did that to you. I found the white wax version from '12 consistently had low flames and I had to either dump or sop some of the wax up but the blue one never gave me any problems. Wonder if you got a dud there! I will add on the vote for it being great when you've got a headache or you're stuffed up. I found a few of them in stores this SAS so I was very excited. Takes me back to when I first began shopping there ('12's SAS.)

    I sadly only found 2 Snow Day wallflowers. I fell in love with the candle and they were out of it at all my stores before Christmas Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I must have gotten a dud cuz my TP has been doin all kinds of foolish stuff. Like last night I burned it for my bf as he has come down with something and is all clogged up. I take the lid and there's a dent in the middle and white ash on the wicks. I have never seen that before! But the scent is amazeballs and the throw is a knockout so I'm happy. Yeah everybody complained about about white TP last year but everyone swears by the blue one.

      That's too bad that you couldn't find another SD candle. I was lucky that I found that one all by itself in the store before someone else snatched it. At least you got yourself some bulbs; the bulbs are kinda stronger than the candle anyway. Fingers crossed SD will be back next year.

      Delete
    2. Guess what Serena? Snow Day is back online and is half off!!!

      Delete
    3. Nooooooooooo!!!!! I missed it! Thank you though. :)

      Now I'm gonna be checking B&BW's page at 6 am again like I did for last winter's SAS. That's how I got my hands on way too much stuff. Heh.

      Delete
    4. Well poo :(

      Yeah, that's the way to do...catch em early. Its like the line from alice in wonderland (or through the looking glass) "people (or rather candles) come and go so quickly here" lol

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog a few days ago and I love it!! Thank you for your thorough, in depth reviews and "real" conversation. No sugar coating here and I appreciate that.

    I purchased my first BBW candles on Jan 2nd and since then my collection has grown to 7! My first candle purchase was Winter Vanilla Latte and London Calling. Based upon your recommendation, I went back a couple of days later and purchased Black Pepper Bergamot (and also another London Calling candle and some wallflowers). Last night, again, because of your recommendation, I purchased Mint Chocolate and Espresso Bar (and Meet Me in Tahiti because...well, because it smells good).

    I want a Twisted Peppermint candle, but my local store only has the 2013 version in the mason jars.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much for all the kind words, it really means a lot! :D

      Sounds like a pretty fabulous collection ya got there; you have 3 of my top favs! Careful, these candles are addictive lol

      I dunno about the mason jars, some are strong and some aren't and I believe must of them tunnel. I'd get the 3wick of TP if at all possible, more bang for your buck. Better yet, keep an eye on the blue wax snowman label TP 3wick from last year cuz that one is the bomb!

      Delete
    2. I broke down and got the TP mason jar candle. I didnt want to do Amazon or Evil Bay to get the blue wax 2012 candle. Besides I am not really sure how I am going to like the scent once it is burning. TP body lotion, shower gel, spray, wallflowers...not for me. But there is something about this TP candle that I like. I know that is strange, but it is true. So, for $4 I decided it could at least try it.

      Delete
  4. Very nice collection of goodies! I love Champagne Toast in a 3-wick. I've wondered if the bulbs smell just as fabulous. Hope you enjoy everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww thank you, you're too sweet! :D

    I have em plugged; gotta say they're pretty darn fabulous! Methinks my next review post will be about good ol champagne toast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME