RANT OF THE DAY: Bath&Body has us fall-in in love again!!!

*post title inspired by Usher's song "DJ has us fallin in love again". Considering what I'm about to post, I think it fits

Anyway...WOW you guys...BBW has DEFINITELY brought their A game for the upcoming fall season! Sooooo much good stuff, it's crazy!!! Spring and summer was such a disappointment but I think this fall will be enticing the once disillusioned flock back home!

First of all, let's talk packaging...how friggin cute is it this year?! I love the pictures on the labels. For me, the Sweater Weather line wins hands down; the pictures fit the theme and there's that cute lil silver leaf. The White Barn and Fresh Picked lines feel very antique-y and cozy. Even the Pumpkin Line is very cute...Pumpkin Carving is by far the best...too cute! I love the old-timey etchings on the labels for the wallflower bulbs. And how friggin adorable are the room freshener spray bottles with the different sweater coverings?! Perfection all around! In my opinion, this kicks last year's ass!!!

And now the selection...soooo many scents this year. And the fact that so many have appeared online is awesome!!! And it seems that this year, there's something for everybody. For the bakery fans, there's the Pumpkin line...total mass appeal! With the success of Pumpkin Cupcake and Pumpkin Caramel Latte, I guess BBW got inspired and decided to create a whole line to make folks happy. Then there's the Sweater Weather line bringing back all the fall favorites (Leaves, Autumn, Cider Lane, etc) with some new scents for good measure, including the insanely popular test scent from last year, Sweater Weather!!!. Then you have the White Barn line for all the lovers of the more herbal, woodsy, earthy scents (BLACK PEPPER BERGAMOT...sighs in contentment)though...Vanilla Vetiver... Sandalwood Citrus... COCONUT WOODS...really BBW?!?! And then there's the Fresh Picked line, which I think is a perfect idea though to me, I don't think BBW thought this line thru completely. You have Apple Ale alongside Spiced Cider even though their notes are quite similar. Then they brought back Lemon Mint Leaf and friggin Pineapple Mango for no reason besides mass appeal..what do either one of these have to do with the fall harvest?!

Anyhoo, there are plenty of choices for everyone to pick from. It will be interesting to see what else will be released wide.

So what's on my fall wishlist?

Pumpkin Line
I am not a bakery fan at all nor do I particularly like pumpkin scents. The only ones I'm interested in are Pumpkin Apple and Pumpkin Carving. I was intrigued with Pumpkin Hayride but too many people said that it smelled like Autumn Day, which...uuggghh. I doubt that will be goin wide. I might give Pumpkin Caramel Latte a try. Last year's version made me gag it was so sweet. This year apparently it actually smells like a coffee drink.

Sweater Weather Line
Of course Leaves
DEFINITELY Sweater Weather
Tailgate...yall already know that I LOVE woodsy masculine...cologne-y scents
Maybe Applewood Bonfire
I might give Cider Line a try. I remember smelling it in the store last year and I did not like it at all. But too many people said that it smelled good when lit. So it's worth a shot!

White Barn
my baby, my number one BLACK PEPPER BERGAMOT!!!!! I will most definitely be stocking up!
Cranberry Woods, my other fall staple
Flannel. I'm very intrigued with this one though I think the name doesn't fit. It should be something like Country Gate, Farmside Gate, Autumn Woods, Wooden Path, Park Trail..something that describes the woodsiness as the notes are, well..woodsy
Harvest Gathering (possible repackage of Cranberry Harvest) I haven't heard oto much about this one but I like the sound of the notes

Unfortunately, I won't be buying anything anytime soon. The bf and I decided that we're gonna take a lil break from BBW. Besides, I'm still in summer mode and am not quite ready to burn fall scents just yet. And I don't like candles just sittin around collectin dust. Methinks I'm gonna wait til my birthday in early September to buy anything; by then all of the fall scents should be out already. And I have a slew of survey coupons and free shipping codes so I'm ready! Meanwhile, I still have Apple Crumble and Caramel Apple to tide me over whenever I'm in that "I'm ready for autumn" mood. I'm actually burning Apple Crumble as we speak lol

canyoning...stubby flames..but it smells sooo good!!!


By the by if,  like me, you aren't ready to or can't buy fall scents just yet, you can vicariously live thru LizFashionStory and Touchthefiretwice as they have posted some FABULOUS videos reviewing the all the various fall lines. Go check em!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles