CANDLE SPOTLIGHT: Pumpkin Gingerbread


Products: candle
Area used in:  living room (weekends)
Time Period: Thanksgiving - New Year's Eve


Description: A Christmas classic gets a touch of fresh creamy pumpkin added to a  scrumptious mixture of just baked gingerbread and golden vanilla 


So long story short, I wanted a nice "weekend morning" scent that would take me from Thanksgiving and straight through Christmas and this was the only scent that I could think of from this collection (truth be told, the other scents in this collection didn't appeal to me at all). I decided to get over me intense vehement dislike of both pumpkin scents and bakery scents, get out of my proverbial comfort zone and try this sucker. I gotta say, I'm kinda glad that I did cuz I found myself liking it.

So far it's been performing like a boss - high dancing flames, plump mushroom tops, deep wax pool. So far so good! Now a lot of people have complained that the throw is super light to the point of being nonexistent... not mine! My PGB filled up my entire living room and the scent lingered for hours. There were a couple of times that I had to blow it out cuz it was little too strong...I RARELY ever have to do that!

Now  let's talk about the scent. Most of you longtime Slatkin fans know that there was a scent called Gingerbread back in '11 and it came back as Frosted Gingerbread in '12 and again as a failed test scent in '13. That one was kinda weird. The bakery note on cold throw kinda smelled like corn chips and there was as sharpness in the "spice" notes that reminded me of curry powder. PGB is sooo much better!!! It's like an updated remedied version of FG. And you do get the "pumpkin" aspect, more like spiced pumpkin puree; it's very nutmeg-y and gingery. And speaking of nutmeg, a lot of people said that this reminded them of this fall's Heirloom Pumpkin which was very nutmeg heavy; some have even gone so far as to say that it's a straight up repackage of HP. I  can see why people would say that but I kinda have to disagree. To me, it's too bakery and gingery to be a repackage of HP. Personally, I think this smells more like a mix of the bakery note of FG and the "pumpkin spice" of Pumpkin Cupcake.

So yeah, that's really all I have to say about this scent. I think it's a nice "new" addition to the holiday roundup (though I don't really know what pumpkin has to do with holidays, but whatevs). As I said before, I wound up really like this despite normally hating both pumpkin and bakery scents so that says a lot. I definitely think that it's worth checking out.    

Comments

  1. $8 for all reg price 3-wicks- in store only for tomorrow! $10 here in Canada & $5 candle sleeves!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles