NEWNESS UPDATE: Winter 2020 Candles ~ "This Just In" Collection *UPDATED

Thought we were done for Christmas and winter? Nope, not so much! News of an upcoming Christmas inspired collection appeared randomly in (test?) stores  and the buzz spread across social media like wildfire.

So the collection is called "This Just In" ; the candles have wraparound gold labels with cutouts shaped like pine branches and snowflakes and Christmas bells and the candle names are in a white rectangle. I'm not what I think of the packaging; they're kinda cute-ish but they also like kinda cheap, like a knockoff BBW imitation brand. However the packaging ISN'T important, the scents themselve ARE!

So I was in the middle of typing this up and writing my own repackage theories as per usual, but Tinadivalicious came out of nowhere beating everyone to the punch by getting his hands all but one these candles and posting a review vid with the quickness.

So for this NEWNESS UPDATE, I'll post my initial thoughts and theories (as I already had them written down) and then I'll post a tiny synopsis of Tinadivalicious's thoughts.

 
Alpine Skies - Grapefruit Blossom, Salted Cedar, Sweet Amber

Bronzeblogger: ..... I got nuthin

Tinadivalious: his description made this sound very weird - a citrusy "cologne" scent that also smells like mothballs..yeah, I dunno

ADDENDUM: As soon as I was done typing, I thought of something - Winter Sun maybe? 



Chocolate Grahams - Milk Chocolate, Graham Crackers, Caramel Swirl, Vanilla 

Bronzeblogger: Toasted Graham Latte perhaps? Or Toasted Smores

Tnadivalicious: close... Italy~ Cannoli & Chocolate aka the original OG S'mores



Cinnamon Gingersnap - Gingerbread Spice, Homemade Marshmallow, Vanilla Bean 

Bronzeblogger: sounds suspiciously like this year's Gingerbread Marshmallow

Tinadivalicious: surprisingly not GM. His description doesn't sound like a gingersnap at all; typical Christmas red hot cinnamon with a vanilla base but it's not Cinnamon Frosting



Merry Madeleine Cookie - Baked Madeleine Cookie, Spiced Almond, Sweet Orange, Toasted Coconut 

Bronzeblogger: So backintheday there was an actual Spiced Madeleine candle (later repackaged as Toasted Coconut and finally again as Pumpkin Coconut) Another candle I thought of was the totally forgotten one hit wonder  Toasted Pistachio Delight (which I had one time owned a mini of, but gave it away)

Tinadivalicious:  based on how he described (coconutty bakery note with a heavy orange note, which doesn't sound like a madeleine cookie at all), it sounds new. However it still potentially could be Toasted Pistachio Delight but it could also be another candle from that same mini collection - Frosted Tangerine Cake



Sweet Cranberry Pie - Tart Cranberries, Brown Sugar, Chopped Walnuts, Flaky Pie Crust 

Bronzeblogger: Of course many of thought this would be Cranberry Sugar Cookie/Cranberry Pumpkin? Or at the very least a reworking of Sweet Cherry Pie

Tinadivalicious: so none of the above oddly enough. Get ready for this....it's Blueberry Pie?!



Under the Christmas Tree - Fir Balsam, Juniper Berries, Vanilla Eggnog, Sage Leaves 

Bronzeblogger: These are very interested blend of notes; that "eggnog" threw me for a loop. I immediately thought of Popcorn & Pine? Then I thought White Balsam & Vanilla? Maybe something similar to The Perfect Christmas?)

Tinadivalicious: His description made it sound like something between Vanilla Balsam and Vanilla Sage. His description also made me think of an old one hit wonder from the Golden Age - Deck the Halls



White Velvet Coconut - White Velvet Cake, Coconut Shavings, White Buttercream 

BronzebloggerCoconut Cream Pie maybe?

Tinadivalicious: straightup Toasted Coconut

There's one last candle called Snowy Driftwood but no word on the notes or what it smells like

Snowy Dristwood - White Pine, Aromatic Herbs, Iced Driftwood

Bronzeblogger: I thought maybe Sleigh Ride or Silver Pine & Cedar or Autumn Snow

Social Media: Apparently this has an Ocean Driftwood MaBLAHgony STANKwood quality to it


I'm not sure when this candle is going to be released. I've heard it's supposed to be on for Candle Day but I've also heard it'll be released the week after. I've also heard it supposed to be after the day after the next floorset, November 23. But I've also heard it'll be out later that week as a Black Friday exclusive. So yeah, I'm not sure. Whatever the case is, this collection will be out soon.

These should be hitting shelves on Nov. 23rd but they'll definitely be out for Black Friday

Comments

  1. I got these in my store!
    Alpine Skies is like a more heavy crisp morning air. I know I’ve smelled it before, it’s a repackage of something that had dark blue wax. It’s on the tip of my tongue.

    Sweet Cranberry Pie is NOT blueberry pie. It is like cranberry woods mixed with blueberry pie, and a very candy note almost like pinky fairy gumdrop. It is pie crust and it is dark red sweet tangy fruit.

    Gingersnaps was like a cinnamon spicy merry cookie, it did have the “heat” that would come from ginger but it’s more cinnamon.

    Merry Madeleine was a very nice vanilla bean cake scent, and instead of frosting sweetness there’s a hint of citrus. It wasn’t overly sweet or overly vanilla which was a nice change. I didn’t get any coconut at all.

    Underneath the Tree I hate pine scents, it smells like pine.

    Chocolate Graham’s I agree was Italy, and that White velvet coconut was toasted coconut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I know what Alpine Skies is... cologney scent, citrus and cedar, smells like air, blue wax....Fresh Sea Walk from last summer? Could that be it?

      Delete
    2. Actually I think it might be bow ties and bourbon only less spicy?
      Also got Snowy Driftwood today, notes are pine, herbs, and driftwood. Smells identical to play-doh. Like spot on.

      I recognize it from a tropical collection, it has some aloha kiwi passionfruit vibes, or maybe palm leaves? Not beach grass...

      Delete
  2. The description for Under the Christmas Tree is how I would describe 2018’s Yuletide, which had a vanilla balsam-esque character, but vanilla wasn’t in the description (rosemary and pine essential oils with notes of cedar and eucalyptus). I’m definitely curious. I’ve been saving the last 1/2 inch of Yuletide wax to compare possible repackages.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles