CANDLE SPOTLIGHT: Pomelo Paradise




Products: candle 
Area used in:  living room (weekends)
Time Period: end of July - mid August

Description: The fragrance of freshly sliced pomelo grapefruit blends beautifully with notes of mango and sunny papaya



So basically, I bought this scent out of desperation. I wanted a summery fruit scent that wasn't super heavy on the mango and wasn't bogged down by coconut. And I was a bit bamboozled by the name and notes. After sniffing it in the store several times, I was very unimpressed but again, I was desperate.

So performance-wise, this candle was aiight! Nothing special! No mushroom tops, but the flames were still relatively high. No tunneling, no canyoning. You can't really see the progression of the wax pool because of the frosted colored tumbler, but I assume it was deep.

And now onto the scent...sigh

First of all, what is BBW's obsession with pomelo?! This was the summer of pomelo, it's in friggin EVERYTHING! Candles, soaps/pocketbacs, bodycare, pomelo pomelo POMELO. And this pomelo craze only started this summer; outside of last spring's Pomelo Grapefruit, I don't recall BBW mentioning pomelo much in things at all! BBW, have y'all actually smelled a pomelo before? I don't think y'all have!

That said, I don't get ANNNNNNNNNYYYY pomelo AT ALL! Which just drives my point on home; slapping on that pomelo label on ish that smells nothing like pomelo!

What I do smell however is Coastal Sun, a very basic watered down Coastal Sun, the poor man's Coastal Sun! I also get a hint of Papaya Sunrise; just generic candy/bubblegum "tropical" dark fruit notes. Lastly, there's a very faint generic mango note a la Sweet Maui Mango/Mango Dragonfruit/Merry Mango. And it could be my nose playing tricks on me, but I get a faint of Tropical Tango/Mango Coconut Cooler. So yeah, take Coastal Sun, add a pinch of Papaya Sunrise with a tiny splash of Sweet Maui Mango and my friends, you've got yourself Pomelo Paradise.

Because we have Coastal Sun and Papaya Sunrise and Sweet Maui Mango, PP to me was very unnecessary and a complete waste of space. Compared to the other scents in this collection  , PP was very uninspired and pretty generic. It's not a bad scent by any means, but it's far from exciting. If this actually smelled like pomelo with a more vibrant mango and a more subtle but still luscious papaya/guava/passionfruit yumminess, this could've been awesome. But yeah, not so much! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles