WALK N' SNIFF: Sweet Shoppe and Freshed Picked

So this past weekend, I stepped inside a BBW store for the first time since SAS. I wanted to sniff what there was to sniff and possibly take advantage of the 2for22 sale...which can I just say

THANK YOU BBW FOR FINALLY LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!

HALLELUJAH...HALLELUJAH...HALLELULAJ,HALLELUJAH..HALLELUJAH!!!!

Ok, that's out of my system...

Sweet Shoppe
The scent line that has been making every bakery lover cream their panties! I admit, there were some pretty interesting scents in this line though with said, BBW made some strange choices as to what would be released wide as well as what would only be released in certain sizes.

Pink Bubblegum
Smells like legit ol school bubblegum, like Bazooka Joe or Big League Chew. This should've been released as a 3wick.

Lemon Drops
Once again, smells like legit lemon drops or Lemonheads. And, once again, should've been released as a 3wick

Pink Lemonade Poundcake
I was very excited about this one as I love anything lemon-y but when I smelled it in the store, I was a little disappointed. First of all, cold throw was soooooo light to me but then again, I was sniffing the mason jar. Also, it could've been my nose playing games on me, but I smelled more poundcake than pink lemonade. This should've been called Angel's Food Cake or something like that. Then again, maybe the pink lemonade aspect was a bit stronger in the 3wick. Alas, most of us will never.

Strawberry Sorbet
Just Strawberry Picnic all over again. Fake, artificial and waxy, like strawberry flavored lip balm

Watermelon Lemonade
Same Watermelon Lemonade from last year. As much as love both watermelon and lemon scents, I'm just not a fan of this one. It just smells like Watermelon Jolly Ranchers. And this year, and it could be nose playing tricks, but it smells even more artificial and light. And I absolutely hate the wax color, why couldn't it have just stayed light pink like it was last year?

Raspberry Peach Macaron
Everybody has been going absolutely apeshit over this candle..and honestly, I don't know why. Eh, I just wasn't very impressed. I will say that I was surprised that it didn't smell like Gelato as I assumed it was a repackage/repackage with a twist of that. I really wanted to like this one but there was something about that turned me off. I think it may have been the bakery "almond" note that rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not a fan of this one though with that said, soooo many love RPM and have been buyin it in bulk so that should stand for something

Cinnamon Sugared Doughnuts
My absolute fav and truly the winner in this line in my opinion. It smells like a straightup legit genuine 100% cinnamon sugared doughnuts, fresh from the grease and rolled around in cinnamon sugar. OMG, it is soooo friggin good!!!

I'm completely ignored and will continue to ignore Frosted Cupcake and Red Velvet Cupcake

And I'm just gonna throw this out there... Why, oh why was Lavender Marshmallow not released wide?!!!

Fresh Picked
This year's FP line seems to harken back to the original FP line back in 2012 with really unique blends. There's a next mix of old favorites and new unique scents. It seems to be continuing last year's trend of adding floral scents with fruity ones.

There's no need for me to talk about Lemon Mint Leaf, Market Peach or Lilac Blossom cuz everyone knows what those smell like.

Honeysuckle Bouquet is the same Honeysuckle that everyone loves and Garden Strawberry is simply last year's Strawberry

Pomelo Grapefruit
I dunno, for some reason I was not particularly very interested in this candle...that is until I sniffed in the store. It's so spot on, it really smells like a juicy grapefruit. It's tart and crisp it's juicy. I love this one; I personally think this scent is the star of this line

Pink Passionfruit
Again, I wasn't very interested in this one and remained so even after I sniffed it. I dunno, this one just didn't appeal to me as much as PG. It's nice though, not nearly as tropical smelling as I thought it would be. It's sweet and fruity; y'all sweety/candy/fruity lovers would love this one.

Snap Peas
Snap Peas has been getting some major hate in the BBW community. And because as a habit I root and cheer for the underdog, I defended it; I was quite happy that BBW was being experimental and different. Plus I love anything that smells green and fresh. Then I smelled it...and I HATED it!!! But I just couldn't be done with it. I kept going back to it and reniffing and resniffing and resniffing. I really really wanted to like it. And sur enough, after sever preliminary sniffs, I grew to like it. It's like Spring and Green Grass though waaaay toned down on the sweetness and waaaaay more earthier. It smells like fresh snap peas in the garden, complete with dirt/soil and dew. Y'all sweety/candy/fruity/baker lovers, don't even bother sniffing SP cuz y'all will hate it.

Y'all are probably wondering if I bought anything. I did indeed; I bought Pomelo Grapefruit, Snap Peas and Mahogany Teakwood (for my bf).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles