WALK 'N' SNIFF: Fall 2019 Scents ~ Fall Preview Part 3 (Pumpkin)

And now finally we've reached the end, the final segment of this Fall Preview trilogy - the last and probably most popular collection - the "Pumpkin"collection...ironically named seeing as though very few of these scents are actually pumpkin/pumpkin adjacent..for once.


This collection chock full of autumnal bakery treats are a fall and bakery lover's proverbial wet dream. Personally, this collection scent-wise is kinda meh for me; I believe there are sooooo many better fall bakery scents from the past that are far superior. However, I do kinda like the looks of the labels and I do appreciate that there is a fair mix of returning classics, recent re-releases and newness. So, let's get into this review.

I've split these into 2 groups - the gold lettering gang and the rectangle nameplate gang. Scents will go from oldest to newest.

Shit Cinnamon Poopkin - ........ next

Pumpkin Cupcake - PC first came out back in 2012 and it has been a fan fav ever since; I'd venture to say this candle was what started the "all pumpkin" collection craze as we started seeing them year after PC's debut. There's really not much to say about PC - it's essentially the autumnal version of Frosted Cupcake. As with most of BBW's "cupcake" scents, you get more frosting than cake and PC is no exception. You get a rich vanillic buttercream note with a dash of pumpkin pie spice with an emphasis on ginger. Now I'll be honest -  I typically ignore PC during my falltime WALK N SNIFFs so I can't say with any accuracy that there have been fragrance oil variances over the years. However, it seems like this year's PC is more heavier on ginger  this year than when I sniffed it in the past.

Pumpkin Apple - I'm not gonna go too much into depth about this one as I already talked about it at length in my last review. I will say that a) I dunno what warrants this candle being in 2 different collections at the same time cuz, while pleasant, it's not that great of a scent. And b) I dunno if it's a batch variance but this version smells so different. It almost smells like cinnamon applesauce; it should've been called that than Pumpkin Apple.

Hot Cocoa & Cream - there's not really not much to say about this one cuz it's a pretty straightforward scent and it smells like the way it sounds - instant hot chocolate with milk and marshmallow fluff. I will say that this year's version smells more richer and more chocolatey.

Caramel Apple - despite the grand poobah Cider Lane being around, Caramel Apple turned out to be a surprise hit last year..enough so that it was brought back this year. *SIGH Immediately, when I heard about this candle last year, I justifiably assumed it was my fall bae from backintheday Caramel Apple which was appley and caramelly and brown sugary and nutmegy and nutty... yeah, not so much, BBW decided to snatch my wig and play a game of candle switcheroo - same name, totally different (and basic) scent. It's a very basic scent - green apple and caramel, boom that's it...which would be fine if Cider Lane wasn't around or the OG Caramel Apple didn't exist. Why serve Spam when you have filet mignon?

Peach Cobbler (9168AGA2) - I've already already talked about this travesty in a past review but just to recap, it's basically an artificial Peach Schnapps white peach note (similar to White Peach) with red hot cinnamon; all peach, no cobbler. It just smells..wrong. Why didn't didn't go with Harvest Peaches which smelled more like an peach cobbler is beyond me. Better yet, scrap this scent entirely and go with something more seasonally appropriate (*cough cough Apple Crumble)

As you know, Sugared Snickerdoodle (for now maybe) online only. I'm assuming this is the same Sugared Snickerdoodle from last year which was a repackage of the failed test scent Snickerdoodle. If so, it ain't all that. Pumpkin Pecan Waffles + Cinnamon Sugared Doughnuts = Sugared Snickerdoodle


Pumpkin Pecan Waffles - .....why? Why do people love this scent so friggin much? I don't get it. It pops up like herpes or a needy ex every friggin year. And nobody has yet explained why they like PPW so much. I'm begging for someone ou there to explain to me the appeal of this damn candle cuz I just don't get it!

Blueberry Maple Waffles - I was not expecting like this candle at all. I'm already indifferent when it comes to bakery scents and to throw maple into the mix gets an immediate nope from me BUT BMW surprised the hell outta me; I really liked it..so much so that I regretted only buying one last year. Imagine m delight when I heard/saw it was coming back this year. This year's version feels a little tweaked; it feels a little heavier on the blueberry and light on the maple...I'm still ok with that. Otherwise, it's the same BMW some of us know and love.  I have a confession.... I like BMW more than Blueberry Pie *runs for the hills and hides

Warm Apple Pie - WAP is kinduva polarizing scent; either people really love it or they're completely nonplussed. It doesn't help that the past 2 times it has been released, the throw was on the light side. Scentwise it still smells like the same - warm gooey apple filling and buttery flakey crust. Hopefully BBW was worked on the thow issue. I HATED the packaging last year and refused to buy it so I'm glad it was back this year with better packaging but again, cuz it bears repeating, I hope the throw issue has been fixed.

Caramel Pumpkin Swirl - so this basic ass candle has been around for awhile. It started out as a Christmas scent (for whatever reason) as Caramel "CINNAMON" Swirl and the following year it was renamed for fall as Caramel "PUMPKIN" Swirl... cuz in BBW's mind, cinnamon equals pumpkin; plus basic bitches love pumpkin amirite?! But real talk..does anyone truly, legitimately, genuinely enjoy this scent? Is this staple for anyone? In the past 6-7 years, I hardly ever see or hear anyone talking about this. It's one of those scents that are there just to be there with no other purpose besides being there. No one stocks up or hoards this, it's not a fan fav or a seasonal staple, no one ever asks or clamors or begs for it...just let this candle go BBW!

Pumpkin Peanut Brittle - redneck hors d'oeuvres - dollop of peanut butter on saltine cracker...you can even smell the cardboard box that crackers were in. That's what this candle smells like, both last year and this year. And I defy anyone to say with conviction that they smell pumpkin or pumpkin spice in this candle

Salted Butterscotch (9163AGA2) not too much to say about this one as I've already reviewed it in depth. It's soooo similar to Bourbon Sea Salt Caramel and Bourbon Butterscotch; if it's not a repackage of either, it's very similar.

Pumpkin Pie (for whatever reason), Banana Cream Pie, and PB&J online only. Unless these pop up in stores in the near future, I won't be writing any reviews for these; I refuse to spend money on candles online just to review.

In case you missed it, here's PART 1 and PART 2

Comments

  1. *Warning: Comment made with selfish intent*
    Your blog is awesome! Its my candle go-to reference tool. Do you have any plans to make a link at the top for the complete candle collection lists for 2018 and 2019? I love to refer to your lists to catalog my own collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much. I do need to make a list for 2018, I just haven't had the time to do it lately. But I do plan on making one. 2019's list will probably be up after New Year's

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles