CANDLE SPOTLIGHT: Cranberry Pumpkin


Products: candle and wf bulb 
Area used in:  candle in living room (on weekends), wf bulb in guestroom
Time Period: mid-October - Thanksgiving

Description:Fresh from the patch, pumpkin blends with tart cranberry in a fragrance that brings the best of fall into your home

When I first smelled this scent, I was blown away and it thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. I just knew it was going to be my new fall jam so I bought it. But after bringing home and sniffing it and resniffing it and finally burning it, I'm not nearly as blown away as I once was. 

Performance-wise, CP was pretty perfect. It did have those new craptastic wicks that BBW is using recently that curl after being lit and has white crap on the tips however the candle still had high dancing flames and the pool melted nice and evenly. The throw is medium-strongish; I'd describe it as a "warm blanket" throw. It filled my living room and kitchen without choking me out and scent lingered for hours afters I blew the candle out. The wf bulb is super strong, stronger than the candle. As soon as I plugged it in, I got instant fragrance that filled the entire room. And, as is more often the case, the wf bulb's fragrance just seemed better blended than the candle. 

And now let's talk about the scent. It's very similar to Blueberry Pumpkin Patch; they're like brother and sister. They both share a sweet and not overly tart berry note mixed with a so-called "pumpkin" note that comes across more bakery. The cranberry note isn't as sweet and juicy as Cranberry Woods nor is it as tart and sour as Frosted Cranberry but somewhere in between. And like it's brother BPP, the berry note smells almost dried, like a bag of Craisins. Again, like BPP, you get an earthy slightly spiced pumpkin note that smells more bready than pumpkiny. That said CP smells less like a cranberry and pumpkin and more like a cranberry muffin or bread.

This isn't a bad scent at all; in fact I daresay it's one of the best scents in the fall lineup and one of the truly NEW ones. But I can't help feeling just a teeny bit disappointed. Again here is yet another "pumpkin" scent that doesn't smell like pumpkin and I'm really getting tired of it; the pumpkinless "pumpkin" trend needs to stop NOW! If this was called "Cranberry Muffin" or even "Cranberry Pumpkin Bread" and marketed as a fall bakery treat instead of a pumpkin scent, I would be less annoyed. And the fact that it has now been repackaged as "Cranberry Sugar Cookie" in the upcoming holiday lineup further proves the point that there is nary any pumpkin in this damn candle! And what the hell does this scent have to do with Christmas/New Year's party?!

Anyway, rant aside, CP is a pleasant enough scent; there is something quitessentially fall-ish and autumnal about it (CP IS NOT A DAMN WINTER SCENT BBW). It's a nice fall morning/early afternoon scent as well as a nice candle burn on Thanksgiving. I think it's a welcome addition to the fall collections this year and I hope it returns in the future as a fall staple...just under a different name!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY LAST POST: End of an Era

CANDLE RETROSPECTIVE: Brozeblogger's Top 20 Candles OF ALL TIME

NEWNESS UPDATE: Spring 2021 Candles