RANT OF THE DAY: Happy First Day of Fall!!!
Well today is the Autumnal Equinox AKA First Day of Fall!!!! Finally!!!
Fall is my all time favorite time of the year so needless to say I'm excited that it's finally here. Granted I live in New Orleans where there's no changing color of the leaves and you never know if the weather is gonna remain summery balls of Satan humid hot or plummet into the 60-50s or have a possible tropical storm/hurricane but it's all good. That's what I have BBW for - to get me in the fall spirit.
With that said, I thought I 'd share my BBW fall staples, scents that for me really captured the essence of Autumn....
First are my four all time fall favorites
- Leaves IS fall in my opinion, just utter autumn-y perfection
- Cranberry Woods captures the mystery of a dark autumn night in the woods; a little sweet, a little tart, a little spicy..something for everyone to enjoy
- Spiced Cider is so yummy. It's just not fall without a good ol fashioned apple cinnamon scent. What I like about SC is that it has that nice juicy red apple/spiced cider scent without smelling too Michael's craft store-y
- *sigh of contentment My baby, my number one...Black Pepper Bergamot...what more can I say?! Interestingly enough, while BPB is considered a fall scent, last year I didn't start burning this really until the end of fall thru the end of winter and this year will be no different. I honestly think this is good enough to be an all year round scent
These next two are scents that have recently joined the fold
- Sweater Weather is PERFECTION! I think this and Autumn perfectly captures the outdoorsiness of fall more than any other scent. With SW, you really do get the feeling of walking around on a brisk autumn afternoon in your sweater
- Apple Crumble is just deliciousness in a jar. During fall, I'm all about apple confections as well as apple-y scents in general. With AC, you get the best of both worlds. It's sweet without being cloying and it's so warm and inviting. It's a shame that this was repackaged as Cider Donuts cuz I think it's good enough to stand on it's own
Both of these need to be released as fall staples in the future
The next two are honorable mentions
- I think Autumn and Leaves rival each as everyone's top all time favorite fall scent. The candle sets off my sinuses every time I smell it in the store. I had the room spray (with the cute winking owl on it) last year and it choked the hell outta me. This year I decided to get wallflower bulbs; I gotta say that I'm digging it. The scent is fresh and outdoorsy, there's apple in it which makes me happy.
- I'm not a big fan of pumpkin scents. I had Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin last year...HATED IT!!! Though I smelled Pumpkin Carving in the store, I didn't love it enough to buy the candle. I did however buy the wallflower bulb and I must say I really like it. It's a nice sweet but not too sweet authentic pumpkin-y scent without the added spice.
- Ya know, I always say that I'm gonna try Cider Lane but I never do cuz I can never get past the cold throw; it's just funky to me and I know I'm not the only one cuz I've heard others say that too. But everybody and their grandma swers that it smells so good once it' lit. I promise, next year I'll try it!