Here is the candle collection that my bf and I currently own. As you can see it's nothing spectacular or extraordinary. We have a grand total of 22 candles....
1 2011 Winter
2 2012 Tis the Season
1 SAS Apple Crumble
1 SAS Caramel Apple
2 Tuscan Herbs
4 Espresso Bars
1 Lakeside (currently burning in living room)
1 Lakeside Summer vers. of Mahogany Teakwood
2 Boathouse Row (1 currently burning in bedroom)
1 Aromatherapy Eucalyptus Spearamint
1 core version of Lavender Vanilla
1 aromatherapy Orange Ginger (my bf ADORES this and is sad that it is no longer being sold)
1 Summertime Soda
1 Oakmoss Vetiver
1 2012 Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin
1 2012 Spiced Cider
not shown 1.3 oz 1wicks
2 Tis the Season
We're probably not gonna buy candles for awhile. We might get Sea to Santorini or stick with Lakeside as our last scent for the summer. And with fall (and our birthdays) approaching, we gotta save it!
Here is a youtube video talking in depth about this collection. Enjoy!
First of all it seems that there will be a fall themed Fresh Picked line...which I think is GENIUS!!! And it totally fits, what with the autumn harvest and orchards, etc.
BBW will be bringing back...
- Pear - brilliant idea!!! I know when I think of pears, I think of fall not spring. And the scent, with its vanilla sweetness and creaminess, screams autumn!
- Freshed Picked Apple - is this the elusive apple that supposedly supposed to be released in the spring? I'm guessing this is "Gingham Apple"? I don't understand why this is being released since Farmstand Apple is in the release lineup...*sigh I dunno
- Fresh Picked Blackberry Spice - I'm thinkin blackberry jam or pie filling
- Freshed Picked Harvest Coffee - repackage of "Espresso Bar" ?! I will be HIGHLY surprised if it isn't!
- Pumpkin Apple - pumpkin and apple with cinnamon and clove....I don't think it would like these two scents together
- Pumpkin Pecan Waffles - pumpkin waffles with caramel and brown sugar ...bleggghh
- Pumpkin Carrot Cake - spiced pumpkin, rich carrot cake, and creamy frosting...I'm not sure about this one
- Pumpkin Hayrides - pumpkin, caramel cider, and golden oak..this might be interesting
- Pumpkin Carving - aka Pumpkin Patch. Basically Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin's twin brother
- Creamy Pumpkin - spiced pumpkin, caramel and warm cream; I don't understand why this is testing cuz it was released wide last year
- Roasted Pumpkin Butter- whipped pumpkin, toasted cinnamon and creamy vanilla butter; apparently this smells like peanut butter
- Blueberry Pumpkin Patch: Blueberries and pumpkins..not a combo I thought would've gone together. Most reviewers, when it was testing last year, said that it smelled like cereal or granola
Lastly BBW will be releasing two other yet unnamed lines of test scents. These are really interesting; it's gonna be fun guessing which will be released wide
Completely new scents include...
- Harvest Gathering - red apple, cinnamon leaves and cranberries...this sounds pretty good but I wonder how close this will smell to "Leaves"
- Tailgate - hickory, football leather and moss; mmmm very masculine! sounds like it's gonna be "cologne-y", very Boathouse Row-esque
- Flannel: bergamot, mahogany, and musk; hmmm, male version of "Cashmere"?
- Cedar Wood Trail - cedarwood, neroli and musk...BBW sure does love musk! this could be quite nice..though I'm wonderin if this a repackage of "Cedarwood Oak"?
- Pumpkin Woods- pumpkin, autumn spices, and vanilla bean... OK, this sounds EXACTLY like "Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin"
- Vanilla Vetiver - luscious vanilla, aromatic vetiver, and crisp bergamot..they lost me with the vanilla..what does this have to do with fall?!
- Coconut Wood - exotic sandalwood, rich coconut, white cedar...*facepalm again I ask..what does this have to do with fall?!?!
- Applewood Bonfire - repackage or reformulation of "Bonfire Maplewood"?
- Sweater Weather - "Snowed In" with eucalyptus...I'm sooo excited about this one, I've heard sooo many good things about it
- Cider Doughnuts - "Cinnamon Sugar Donuts" with a dash of "Spiced Cider"? I am actually kinda excited about this...I love apple cinnamon-y smells
- Bergamot Woods - definite repackage of Villa Bergamot. I know Villa Bergamot was a successful scent but is necessary to bring it back? I t doesn't strike me as a fall scent, definitely more of a spring and summer. Besides, with Blackpepper Bergamot coming out, do we need another bergamot heavy scent?
- Sandalwood Citrus - this tested a few months ago; I guess BBW wasn't a 100% sure about this. According to Littleballadeer, this smelled like "Cool Waters" cologne
- Sage and Cedar - this tested alongside Sandalwood Citrus. The notes in this are kinda funky. Check out Touchthefiretwice's vid on this test scent line
- Pinecone - I actually sniffed an old 1wick of this in the store recently (Pinecone used to be an odor-eliminating scent awhile back), it's really nice! However with its notes of spruce, evergreen, and cyprus , it's smells very winter-y
All info from Tess/Lifeinsidethepage, Kelley/Sweetkelleyxoxo and Cia/Seeitloveitbuyit
* sigh Y'know...I think BBW tries a little too hard or sometimes not hard enough during spring and summer...what with all the tropical and fruity stuff. And this year in particular was pretty lackluster
Tropical line - nothing exciting, just the usual fan favorites
Spring line - once again nothing exciting, only two new scents once of which was a hot mess (Lily Pond)
Fresh Picked line- snoresville; not nearly as good as last year
Italian line - kinda interesting but most of the scents were hit and misses
Lakeside Summer line - a lot of hype but wound up bein a bit of a let down
Destination line - *yawn
BBW was not on top of their-game; they didn't bring it and fans across the land were very much over it! And to add insult to injury, there was the much anticipated summer Semi Annual Sale which wound being a huge let down; funky markdowns, hyped up sales that were far from a bargain, little to no rarities or hidden gems and fans, if they hadn't already, were started to give up hope. However, with the release of the Fall Bakery candles during SAS, it made everybody look forward to what fall had in store; cleanse everybody's palate so to speak. The next coming months really could be a time of renewal for BBW and lure scores of discouraged and disillusioned fans back to the Promised Land.
It seems like BBW will be bringing back all of the fall fan favorites
- Black Pepper Bergamot - OMG...OMG...I am sooooo glad this will be back in rotation. I was in tears when they stopped selling this and I have been waiting patiently for its return!
- Leaves - Leaves IS fall...PERIOD!!!
- Cranberry Woods - soooo good!
- Autumn - blah, nothing too exciting. Leaves is waaayyy better
- Autumn Day - aka Acorn and Fig.. blah
- Cider Lane - I really wanna try CL this year; I remembering sniffing it in the store last year and it smelled funky to me. But everybody RAVED it and that it smelled better once lit
- Farmstand Apple - nothing exciting
- Cinnamon and Clove Bud - ugghhhh, I can't stand this. It smells like Big Red gum or Hot Tamales candies
- Fresh Balsam - never understood why BBW started selling this in the fall; to me, it's more of a winter-y scent
- Lemon Mint Leaf - why?!
- Marshmallow Fireside - total fan favorite..not mine though
- Nutmeg and Spice - aka White Barn No 1, (possibly Aromatherapy Vanilla Cinnamon?) very nice scent
- Pumpkin Caramel Latte - no pumpkin, all caramel
- Pumpkin Cupcake - Frosted Cupcake with cinnamon and ginger
- Spiced Cider - love this!
- Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin - standard generic fall time potpourri pumpkin-y scent
First of all, to Cia from http://shoppinsweetheart.blogspot.com/. She sent me a very nice email today with all kinds of helpful info for my blog better. She mentioned me on her blog today in a list of both old well known BBW bloggers and newer upcoming ones that she liked. I thought that was all very sweet and I truly appreciated it!
I also wanna thank my three favorite YouTubers...Littleballadeer, Touchthefiretwice and Tinadivalicious. First of all, they totally kickstarted my obsession/addiction to BBW candles with their awesome videos. Also they were very supportive with me starting this blog and encouraged me to start making videos of my own!
And of course my bf for all his support!!!
Once again, thank you all!!!!
This vid is about my recent SAS haul, nothing too exciting! I have another video about all the candles I have so far so I'll be posting that real soon.
*sigh tunneled..Tunneled...TUNNELED! The wick was puny and offcenter; the wax around the side was just chillin. And the throw was sooo weak; I had to deeply inhale to smell anything
Anyway, let's get to real deal..my haul....
As you can see, it's quite small and nothing too extraordinary. And this is after raiding THREE different stores! Each store got more and more disappointing with their lack of good stuff!
So the first store...my bf and I go in and we're both super excited about what we could find. As were lookin around, the sales associate took it upon herself to "help" us...which would've been fine if she wasn't doing it every other minute..pointing out stuff, spraying stuff, giving recommendations to stuff I was not remotely interested. But the thing that bothered me the most was she kept pointing out things "men" would love. Just because I 'm a guy doesn't necessarily mean I'm there to buy "guy" stuff; if I wanna buy perfume and girly lotion and FFMs and floral candles (which I don't btw), that's my prerogative! Besides I'm sure I know more stuff about BBW products than the average sales associate does so let me look around and leave me the hell alone; if I need your help, I will ASK!!!
Anyhoo....so the first I did was sniff the fall bakery candles...*sigh Caramel Apple and Kitchen Spice were the only ones I liked. For some, Apple Crumble smelled strange; maybe it was a bad batch. Next I moved on to the $3 hand soaps; I was specifically lookin for Lime Basil and Ocean Citrus. After digging thru all of the Island Margaritas and Rainkissed Leaves, I finally found some Ocean Citrus..no Lime Basil unfortunately. Then I went to the candles..no rarities, ho hidden gems and of course they had the test scents I wasn't interested in - Pizzeria and Lily Pond...omg...those two STINK!!! Pizzeria smells too much like dough and tomato sauce and Lily Pond just smells like old dried hotel soap and swamp water. Oh and there 4oz/1 wick Eucalyptus Mint Apple and Lilac....uuuugghhh, disgusting!!!
After lookin and sniffin around, we got....
- 1 Ocean Citrus hand soap
- 2 Espresso Bar 3wick candles
- 1 Caramel Apple 3 wick candle
- 1 White Citrus and 1 Noir Shower gel
- 1 Lemon Zest shower scrub
Then we went to the BBW in one of the big malls here. Once again, nothing exciting! My bf kinda gave up at this point but I was determined to stay optimistic..however that didn't last long. I had no luck finding the stuff that I was looking for, like the Lime Basil soap. For some reason, this store had an overabundance of Fresh Lavender soap, which I like but was not wanting to buy any at the moment. I was sure this store would have some rare oldie but goodies but no, not so much. The only ol school candle I saw was a 2012 version of Lemon Mint Leaf. And no test scents except Lily Pond..uuugghhh! There were however a few surprising hidden gems though so that kinda made up for things
Here our purchase was even smaller. From this store, we got...
- 2 Boathouse Row bulbs (cuz we're about to burn the candle soon) and 2 Beach Cabana bulbs
- 1 Summertime Soda 4oz/1wick candle and 1 Oak Moss Vetiver 4oz/1wick candle (OMG those smell so good!!! )
- 1 Midnight Pomegranate FFM (which I thought was discontinued but it's actually just gonna be an online exclusive)
- 1 Ocean anti-bac
Then on the third store. This was in a very generic lookin outlet mall. The few times I've been there, they almost never have what I'm lookin and this time was no different. I gave up trying to find some good stuff so I decided to find something for my mom and grandma whose birthdays are coming up soon. I looked in the True Spa bin..nothing good (though I did find some infused spa socks but they were just 50% off, not a bargain so not worth it) Then on to the lotion bins; it was all Dark Kiss and Black Amethyst, both of which are too "Old lady-ish" for these two ladies! . I sprayed one FFM after the other, once again nothing they would like. They had Sparkling Blackberry Woods and Twilight Woods out the wazoo! Despondent, my bf and I left the store completely EMPTY-HANDED!!!!
Once we got home, I got desperate and made an online order. There was a deal for 20% of a $25 order as well as a $1 shipping for a $25 order. However with shipping/handling and sales tax they both came out to be the same total, over $30. So I took one item out and didn't wind up using either deal.
- 1 Lime Basil hand soap (finally got my hands on one)
- 1 Apple Crumble 3wick candle (despite that infamously bad burn)
- 1 Lemon Zest shower gel
So yeah, that was my SAS experience...DIS-A-PPOINT-ING.COM!!!!
While it's rumored that sales will get better in the oncoming weeks, I'm not holdin my breath. Methinks I'm going to take a break from BBW for awhile, probably until fall. I'm just tired of being let down and disappointed. Hopefully by the time the fall scents come out, BBW should have their proverbial shit together, fingers crossed!
There are some things I wanna stock up on.. I want...
As many Espresso Bar candles as I can get (hopefully the Italian line will be on sale)
One Eucalyptus Tea shower gel (if that's not discounted, I'll get a Lemon Zest)
One Midnight Pomegranate spray (as it is getting discontinued)
I also wanna get my hands on....
A Lime Basil anti-bac deep washing hand soap
An Ocean Citrus anti-bac deep washing hand soap
An Ocean Pearl anti-bac deep washing hand soap (even though it's not discounted)
One Apple Crumble candle (even though it tunnels/canyons like crazy)
One Caramel Apple candle
And here is my wish list of things that I hope that I see...
A Black Pepper Bergamot candle
A Seaspray candle and bulb
A Verbena Waters candle
A Cucumber Melon limited edition duo bulb pack
SAS starts tomorrow online and in stores Wednesday. I ...can't...WAIT!!!!
Area used in: living room
Time Period: June
Description: Hello Pink Cocktail! Enjoy this pretty and refreshing mix of zesty mandarin, crisp apple, watery pear and sugared berries
I totally ignored this scent for the longest time; it was just one of those candles that did not jump out at me at all. Because of the rosy pink wax color and sugary sweet fruity notes, I kinda just shrugged this off as a girly girl smell. One day my bf mentioned this candle in passing so I thought I'd give it a sniff. I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised so I decided to give it a try.
First of all, before I say anything, this candle is TOTALLY misnamed! This is PINK LEMONADE!!! There's nothing remotely sangria/wine-ish about this at all! It smells like true legit straightup tangy lemonade with crushed berries. Perhaps its the mandarin note that gives this a lemonade-y smell and there's a definite sugared muddled raspberry/blueberry/strawberry note that makes sweet. I wonder if this is a repackage or reformulation of "Pomegranate Lemonade" cuz that also smelled like straight up pink lemonade.
The burn was ok; the flames sometimes were low but the wax pool was always even. And the throw is STRONG! You can smell this almost instantly after lighting it.
For some reason, BBW didn't release PS wallflower bulbs like they have in the past. I heard thru the grapevine that the Bellini Café bulbs from the Italian Piazza collection smelled just like PS so that's what I got. The bulbs smell EXACTLY what PS should smell like! At first sniff, BC kinda smelled like cough medicine or old cough drops however plugging them in, they smelled really good. Unlike PS, the BC bulbs has a wine/sparkling grape juice aspect to them with dash of extra fruitiness. I'm glad the bulbs don't smell like the actual candle cuz the BC candle is STANK!
*sigh I don't know what to think of PS. There's that misleading name. Also I'm not a fan of the sometime low flames. But the aspect that really makes me not a fan is the smell. There's a strange alcohol-ey chemical-ly gasonline-y smell; I'm not sure if that's BBW's way of mimicking the alcohol red wine aspect of the "sangria" or if it's just ingredients of the wax. Either way, it's a little offputting. I've burned thru one and I have one more left that I just lit before writing this review. With that said, I'm kinda ready to move on to something else.
Final thoughts...BBW, change the name to Pink Lemonade cuz that's more fitting; sangria it is not! And get rid of that strange chemical smell! Until then, this is not repurch!